Ask about the Cheeerch of Christ

These ASK ABOUT topics are focused on INFORMATION about new paths, rather than on sharing our personal journey. Please keep it to one topic per new path. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their new path is wrong or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: Ask about the Cheeerch of Christ

Post by Ivy »

BH, how is your expression of Islam different from the Ismaili expression? Do you feel that
Ismailis are true Muslims?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

ena wrote:
B.H. wrote:Allah is the same god as Jehovah, though not trinitarian as the Christians think. He is one.
I believe most Jews will think God is one. So what did Jesus believe? The Council of Nicea was called by Constantine for political reasons. This was about to be infighting between Arius and others which would destabilize the empire. He attended the council but was not even baptized then. Rome was already showing signs of weakness.
According to the Quran Jesus was the Messiah to the Jews of his day, preaching to them the way of Allah. According to the Quran on the Day of Judgement he will rebuke those who worshipped him as Lord and God and tell them he never ordered such to be done.

Most Muslims believe in the hadith, or supposed extra Quranic sayings of the Prophet. I personally am skeptical of these hadith but if there is nothing in them that contradicts Quran and you want to follw them then knock yourself out. In the hadith Jesus will return to earth a second time and defeat the djall, or the Islamic version of the anti-Christ. Like the Christian version the Islamic antichrist he djall will want to be worshiped as Lord and god.

The Quran itself mentions there will be a time Allah will end time and this world and it will disappear. We will all be judged and either awarded Paradise or Hell.
Last edited by B.H. on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:BH, how is your expression of Islam different from the Ismaili expression? Do you feel that
Ismailis are true Muslims?
I don't believe there are infallible imams like the Ismaili sects tend to believe. There is no explicit mention of this in the Quran. Sure, it does mention the need to obey our leaders (how could any society function without obediance to the authorites asking us to do things that do not violate religion) but there is nothing in it that says there will be an infallible leader every generation. I am not going to say they are not Muslims because it is not my place. While I do not agree we have the guidance of infallible imams like the Shia (which Ismailis are a subgroup of) honest ignorance is not something we are going to be punished for on the Day of Judgement. We all live and grow, myself included, and that includes learning more knowledge as time goes by.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
ena

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote: We all live and grow, myself included, and that includes learning more knowledge as time goes by.
God expects us too! Right on!