Intinction

These ASK ABOUT topics are focused on INFORMATION about new paths, rather than on sharing our personal journey. Please keep it to one topic per new path. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their new path is wrong or why we disagree with them.
ena

Re: Intinction

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote:I know a Mexican woman who goes to Mass everyday, or at least goes to church every day to pray if there is no formal mass.
Probably to pray her rosary. It can be seen as a form of meditation. A type of mental clearing house. Most Muslims pray five times a day. I worked with about 30 when 911 hit. They were Pakistani on H1b visas. The FBI was soon banging on the door to interview them. I have eaten Halal many times. I like the way goat is done. I have seen prayer rugs rolled up in offices. Once I almost crashed an evening prayer meeting. I opened a conference room and they were getting up from prayer. One guy I worked with disappeared at lunch on Fridays. I think he went to Mosque. It is like a Muslim Sabbath or Shubbat. Look forward to your reply. Is magnetic East ok. It is off a few degrees.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

ena wrote:
B.H. wrote:I know a Mexican woman who goes to Mass everyday, or at least goes to church every day to pray if there is no formal mass.
Probably to pray her rosary. It can be seen as a form of meditation. A type of mental clearing house. Most Muslims pray five times a day. I worked with about 30 when 911 hit. They were Pakistani on H1b visas. The FBI was soon banging on the door to interview them. I have eaten Halal many times. I like the way goat is done. I have seen prayer rugs rolled up in offices. Once I almost crashed an evening prayer meeting. I opened a conference room and they were getting up from prayer. One guy I worked with disappeared at lunch on Fridays. I think he went to Mosque. It is like a Muslim Sabbath or Shubbat. Look forward to your reply. Is magnetic East ok. It is off a few degrees.
You should try to pray towards Mecca as it says in the Quran. I'm glad you posted about Muslim prayer. I ought to be ashamed because the last several days I have missed some prayers and need to get back to them.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
ena wrote:
You should try to pray towards Mecca as it says in the Quran. I'm glad you posted about Muslim prayer. I ought to be ashamed because the last several days I have missed some prayers and need to get back to them.
My son's in-laws go to their house of worship (jamatkhana, like a mosque but specific to Ismailis) every evening. I don't know if they pray through the day at work.

Yesterday when traveling, DH and I stopped at a rest stop and there was a man and his wife there who got out of their car to pray (he had a prayer rug, she was wearing hijab, so I assumed....). They did this in 100 degree heat. That's dedication!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~