Eckhart Tolle

These ASK ABOUT topics are focused on INFORMATION about new paths, rather than on sharing our personal journey. Please keep it to one topic per new path. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their new path is wrong or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Eckhart Tolle

Post by Ivy »

Is anyone here familiar with Eckhart Tolle? He is a spiritual teacher and writer who has written several books, including The Power of Now and A New Earth. I am working through the former right now. Just wondered if anyone here would like to discuss.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Free Thinker

Re: Eckhart Tolle

Post by Free Thinker »

Yes, we have a few Eckhart Tolle books. I find them very peaceful when I am dealing with others. It helps me to process where they care coming from, and my response. It's been years since we first read them, but when I am dealing with certain people, I pull them out to remind myself where I need to be and to help me put their behavior into the right frame.

An example- an aunt that explodes and causes more drama than you can believe. Since reading ET, I know that it's just her spewing her own frustration out into the world. It's immature and doesn't need a response from me. Most of the time what she's upset about has nothing to do with anyone besides her own self. She rails at others b/c shes so unhappy. It doesn't make it easy on those around her, but I do think it helps me to process it and respond in kind. I don't let it upset me b/c it has nothing to do with me. I do get angry when her drama spews onto those tha have a harder time distancing themselves.

I have younger kids, and I also think it helped me learn to talk to them as they process what is going on around them. I have more patience. I am trying to teach them some of the techniques as they learn to respond to others around them as well.

All that said, there is also too much woo woo sometimes. And have you heard him speak? We tried watching a few videos of him speaking- I preferred the books. LOL
Ivy

Re: Eckhart Tolle

Post by Ivy »

Free Thinker wrote:All that said, there is also too much woo woo sometimes. And have you heard him speak? We tried watching a few videos of him speaking- I preferred the books. LOL
I know exactly what you mean!! I don't think I've ever made it through one of those videos. :lol: :lol: :lol: I started reading the books on the recommendation of a good friend. I'm not quite the die hard fan some are, though. I keep getting distracted while reading the books. I've started over on The Power of Now multiple times. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~