Shrinking Presbyterian

These ASK ABOUT topics are focused on INFORMATION about new paths, rather than on sharing our personal journey. Please keep it to one topic per new path. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their new path is wrong or why we disagree with them.
faithandmore

Re: Shrinking Presbyterian

Post by faithandmore »

SolaDude wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:39 pm
faithandmore wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:22 pm It seems there's a good deal of people left who do choose to wilfully disregard truth, scientific facts, and evidence. I remember all kinds of things I was taught as a child, that I've learned, even in just the past ten years, are totally wrong/false.
The sun revolves around the earth. The Bible says so.
The earth is flat. The Bible says so.
Christianity is a white religion. The Bible says so.
Everyone must work and take care of themselves or starve and die a miserable death. The Bible says so.
It is sad but people do believe Christianity is a white religion but they (the whites) will "share" their church with minorities. There was a black couple who wanted to get married in a church in the deep south a few years ago, and the pastor refused because he said his congregation didn't want that. And he was interviewed on television saying this, how he didn't want to offend his congregation. There are white Christians who believe it's a sin to be born black. I have unfriended and blocked about ten "Christian" people on Facebook over the past year for expressing racist beliefs.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2012/07/30/exp-black-couple-wedding-prevented.cnn