Explaining Islam_new topic

Share your personal journey of faith, skepticism, or atheism, why you believe in God or trust in science instead. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Prayer Requests

Post by B.H. »

I wonder if that man had turned her into a hooker. Around here most of the hookers are drug users. They come in my store to buy stuff to dress up with and you can see the syring Mark's on their arms. It is very sad.

I tell you what. I will pray for her too but I wont pray to Prophet Jesus or the holy spirit who is just the angel Gabriel. I will pray to one greater than both of them. I will pray to the Lord Allah Almighty, most beneficent, most merciful.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by Moogy »

BH
I moved your post from New Paths-Christian to New Paths-Non-Christian. Because these are Support and Agreement sections. Thanks.

I am interested to hear the Muslim view that the Holy Spirit is the Angel Gabriel. Is this widely accepted or even in your scriptures?
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
ena

Post by ena »

Moogy wrote:BH
I moved your post from New Paths-Christian to New Paths-Non-Christian. Because these are Support and Agreement sections. Thanks.

I am interested to hear the Muslim view that the Holy Spirit is the Angel Gabriel. Is this widely accepted or even in your scriptures?
Angels were a separate creation of God. Gabriel is an archangel. Michael is a archangel. Satan was a leader of the Angels. He fell from grace because of pride. One third of heaven fell. I do not know where demons come from. They seem to want to inhabit a body. Demons are fallen creatures. In one case he threw them into a herd of swine. The swine killed themselves by running of a cliff. Gabriel is the announcer. Michael is a warrior. This information is scattered throughout the Bible. We are not told directly. This the cause of a battle at the end of the tribulation. The final battle is at the end of the thousand year reign of Jesus from Jerusalem. This is not known in many churches including the CoC. You cannot understand Revelation without knowing the symbols. I could not understand Revelation as a CoC member because even the preachers do not know this cold. Jesus is the lamb. You can recognize him from comments. He appears often in different guises. Revelation details Jesus in Heaven and many things. You as a human would be blinded and killed by the visage of God. God is a spirit. When you are around Jesus you may see a bright light. Most NDE's talk about it. There are lists of angel names in the Book of Enoch. Enoch was the seventh generation from Adam. He was taken up into heaven like Elijah. Resurrection bodies live forever with corrections for disease. jesus still has the scars one his hands and feet. Thomas checked them out to make sure that Jesus was not an apparition. You might see him. Ron Wyatt descibes him as a man with a brown beard and a ancient white tunic. He did not claim he was Jesus but I suspect he was. Ron was excavating the Garden Tomb area. I believe the Garden Tomb is the tomb of Jesus. There is the Church of the holy seplicure. This site was chosen by Constantines mother. It is pushed by the Catholic Church. I have seen Catholic stuff all over Western Europe. I saw a dead pope in a glass altar. His body was in sad shape. I am not as fascinated with death. He was covered in plastic probably to hold the body together. It still had flesh that looked jerky. Egyptian mummies look like this as do Indian mummies. The best preserved was an Incan girl who was frozen alive. Her hair and face and clothing is intact. The link below shows her. She does look rather life like. She is about 500 years old. There are scriptures for the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKKbhA2_fI

I would like to hear what BH says.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Islam teaches there is no trinity. Allah is one and not three. Jesus was a prophet who was a holy and righteous man as was his mother Mary. Jesus was not deity. The Holy Spirit is a reference not to a third member of some godhead but the angel Gabriel, Jabril in Arabic, who delivered the Holy Quran to Prophet Muhammed.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Explaining Islam_new topic

Post by agricola »

Go
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Re: Explaining Islam_new topic

Post by B.H. »

agricola wrote:Go
Are you cheerleading for me today? :lol:

I'm trying. I'm not as well skilled in the literary arts as jacki is.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
agricola wrote:Go
Are you cheerleading for me today? :lol:

I'm trying. I'm not as well skilled in the literary arts as jacki is.
Jacki's not here, so it's up to you, BH. :D
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Islam teaches there is no trinity.
Interesting, BH. The United Pentecostal Church teaches that as well. They call it the "Oneness Doctrine". I think the cofc kind of believed that way as well. Remember when they changed the words on the hymn "Holy Holy Holy"? One line says
"God in three persons, bless-ed trinity." Cofc changed it to "God over all, and, blessed etern-ally". I bet some of y'all didn't know that. ;) :shock:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Ivy wrote: Remember when they changed the words on the hymn "Holy Holy Holy"? One line says "God in three persons, bless-ed trinity." Cofc changed it to "God over all, and, blessed etern-ally". I bet some of y'all didn't know that. ;) :shock:
You're the bomb, Ivy! Just am now realizing that!
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

But doesn’t the COC baptize “in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost”? :?:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages