I took a different path

Share your personal journey of faith, skepticism, or atheism, why you believe in God or trust in science instead. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

I took a different path

Post by B.H. »

I was coming home one day from work and decided that I had never turned down this street as far as I can remember so I did. I found it wwas several blocks long, had a cemetary next to it, a bunch of old houses and then one big two story house that was very pretty. So much for new paths.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Re: I took a different path

Post by KLP »

Could you tell if it was a road less traveled? Did this new path lead you to your intended destination, do all paths lead to BH's home? Did the presence of a cemetery force you to reflect on your own mortality and going to the big beautiful house some day? Did you conclude that the new path was the same as the old path and that there was no point in changing paths since they are all valid paths?
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I took the path less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Could you tell if it was a road less traveled?
Judging by the houses on the several block street it looks like it is traveled a fairly good bit.

Did this new path lead you to your intended destination, do all paths lead to BH's home?

No, but I did see a woman I know come out of one of the houses with her baby daughter. I honked at the woman and waved and she waved back.
Did the presence of a cemetery force you to reflect on your own mortality and going to the big beautiful house some day?
It made me think of the Bible verse where it talks about vanity, and how one persons quarrels with another person are forgotten and unknown by the next generation. I did not think of my own death or the big beautiful house in Paradise, or the garden promised to those who please Allah. Now that you mention it I hope there are bell peppers and brocolli and cauliflower in the Garden of Paradise.
Did you conclude that the new path was the same as the old path and that there was no point in changing paths since they are all valid paths?
In this case it just depended on what you get out of it.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:I took the path less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.

I took a path less traveled one time and ran across a snake slithering across the path. It did not try to hurt me or I it. It just slithered about its business from one side of high grass to the other. I t may not have even seen me.
Memtiger

Post by Memtiger »

I was coming down Telegraph Pass, Yuma, Az and went off path into a creek bed and heard a rattle, he coiled up under a bush and I waved at him reversed and got back on the road well worn.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

.....and that has made all the
dif-fer-ence.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Memtiger wrote:I was coming down Telegraph Pass, Yuma, Az and went off path into a creek bed and heard a rattle, he coiled up under a bush and I waved at him reversed and got back on the road well worn.

It was nice of him to let you know he was there.
Memtiger

Post by Memtiger »

Absolutely, rattlers go to the top of my list, they will "how do" you, copperhead will let you step on them then get you, and the cottonmouth just attacks, checking trot lines and they want in the boat, jerks