NFL protesters taking a knee

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
KLP

NFL protesters taking a knee

Post by KLP »

It really irks me when I see folks taking a knee or raising a fist or talking or laughing or goofing off during the National Anthem and Flag ceremony at any event but yes the NFL is garnering the most attention. For all the talk of diversity and need for unity, I would think American's would understand that this great nation should be honored for not only allowing but protecting any and all sorts of speech. But in particular the NF thing is baffling. Yes, one has a right to protest, but who has the right to protest while on the job and being an employee? Sure go protest on your day off, sheesh...on the job you better not be ruining the companies business.

If I was doing something like protesting at my job and upsetting a significant chunk of customers I would be fired pretty quick. So how is it people think it is nuts to suggest these NFL guys be fired for protesting on the field in front of paying customers?

Pass the lady fingers please
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Scott

Re: NFL protesters taking a knee

Post by Scott »

Yes, I am pretty much turned off of football at this point.
To me the whole point of it is to get away from the everyday BS of life and Politics.
Cootie Brown

Re: NFL protesters taking a knee

Post by Cootie Brown »

The celebrations after scoring a touchdown in the NFL has moved from childish to embarrassing IMO. In the Steelers game last week two "adult?" men played hide & seek after scoring a TD. Management seems to have lost control of their contracted employees.....maybe that's because the players have obtained so much power the owners are afraid of the them now? The commissioner certainly seems to be reluctant to take a stand & enforce the rules.

The NFL has problems ranging from concussion issues, injuries, criminal activity & illegal substance use by some players, abuse of woman, political activism, & declining ratings. The players seem determined to kill the golden goose.

Oh yeah, more & more kids today would rather play video football than go and watch the game in person. And that might be the NFL's most serious problem. Where is the next generation fan base going to come from?