Dishonesty in Politics

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
KLP

Dishonesty in Politics

Post by KLP »

It irks my inner Klp when people scream and put on a big show about something and then look the other way when it is their own ox being gored. Like the women being oh so offended about the crude comments of President Trump from a dozen years about women. And so the women go on a march wearing pussy hats and shouting slogans, wearing t-shirts and carrying banners, and celebrating speeches all talking about pussy. Yes, the crude talk was so offensive when it was a club to clobber an opponent but crude talk then celebrated and put on multiple channels for days.

And then KLP had to listen to how people just were concerned about the threat of foreign powers interfering in the sacred elections. Oh how this went on and on. And this we hard to accept from the get go given how much the Chinese had already done...but somehow suddenly the threat of cyber-attack was the only and sincere concern. Now it turns out that those claiming to be most concerned about Russians were in fact paying for Russians to concoct dirt that was used to justify FISA warrants against the Trump Campaign. Now we find out that the FBI had undercover operators in the Uranium deal and that they new corruption and bribery was amok and money was flowing to the Clinton family. Now we know that the FBI undercover resource had a gag order enacted by Obama. We heard so much about collusion and the fear of cooperating with the Russians to the extent of Treason....but now, not so much. Where is the fervor to find out everything and to know how and why the Russians were paid to produce dirt on Trump and how and why the State Department under Clinton signed off on the Uranium deal and how and why Podesta had such close financial and business ties to Russia? Crickets now. And so I know the original clamor about sacred elections was not honest.

So we go from Trump is crazy for saying he was wire-tapped to finding out that not only was there surveillance on the Trump campaign but it was justified by the fake Russian documents that Democrats paid for and then the information and private communications of Americans was unmasked and names revealed by the out going Democrat Admin. Clapper was either lying or incompetent when he testified and in interviews said there was no surveillance and no warrants...but he is still being put on "news" broadcasts as an expert. But does anyone of those complaining that Trump was nuts that they wanted the truth really still want the truth if it makes "their side" look bad?

No because it is all about a "side" and which ox is being gored. That is why most folks are dishonest in my opinion when they claim they just want to know the truth when it comes to politics.

And so from women's rights, to protection of women, to equality in pay it comes out over and over that groups who so ready to where a ribbon and hold a fund raiser and to criticize others turn out to be some of the worst offenders. Sure we can all get on board bashing some religious group that is caught in sin and talk about how sanctimonious some guy/group was when the truth was finally out. But seriously, even the Clinton campaign was paying men more than women and Hollywood liberals have been covering up abuse of women for years. How can anyone take these people honestly when they tell you how much they care about some topic...because just like the Russian/election thing they really don't care. They just want to feel superior by beating others up. That is my opinion and how I see things.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Cootie Brown

Re: Dishonesty in Politics

Post by Cootie Brown »

Politics is about power & money. I thought everybody knew that.
Scott

Post by Scott »

The dishonesty of the Press is more concerning to me.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Scott wrote:The dishonesty of the Press is more concerning to me.
Delivering the news is a business, in fact it's big business, & gaining & retaining market share is their top priority. I think Fox was the first major network to target a specific segment of the population. They were successful so other networks followed their lead. The result has created bias reporting that targets a specific demographic. And that corrupts then entire industry, but it pays the bills.

Now social media has become a major competitor in the news business & that is about as bias as it can get & now produces fake news that many accept as true. I don't trust any news source anymore.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Maybe Fox first saw how conservative radio was so successful even in liberal markets like New York with Bob Grant and translated that to TV.
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

Dishonesty is not a very rational decision now is it? Imagine what would happen if people were rationally self-interested as opposed to selfish at all costs to the defeat of others. There is a big difference.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Gordie, you Adam Smith free market guy :) ...tsk, tsk...and with the big Commie anniversary just around the corner. You sound like you have a bit of the Rational Optimist in there too. Warms my heart to hear that talk.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.