Happy Halloween

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Happy Halloween

Post by B.H. »

Hope you all don't get spooked by the little ghosts and goblins too bad tonight. If you are going to take little ones trick or treating be safe.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Re: Happy Halloween

Post by Moogy »

For Halloween this year, I have dressed as a old lady with a cat on her lap. :lol: We don't get any trick or treaters, since we live three miles down a private, unpaved road.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
KLP

Post by KLP »

I am making Halloween great again
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I dressed up as a Church of Christ preacher for Halloween and told all the trick or treaters they were going to hell. Man, it sure did scare everyone too. A Church of Christ preacher showed up and when he saw it he was amazed. He said "Brother, you are doing a wonderful job for the Lord. " Then I told him I was just a COC preacher for Halloween and not a real one and that he was whack.

No, not really. I pulled this story out of my ass. I promise I didn't hurt myself pulling it out either.

However, I did go to Walmart and get a ceramic jack-o-lantern for half off. It was seven dollars instead of the original fourteen. It will save me from spending five dollars every year for a real pumpkin. I'm in my forties and if I live another thirty or so years I will save around $150 not having to buy a pumpkin every Halloween. I also got some little rat props for $.49 each. You stuff a plastic bag shaped like a rat with newspaper and they make a good prop for your porch. They have little tails and ears you tape on and spooky stick on red eyes. I also got some green holiday outside lights for a dollar or two each. I could use them at Christmas mixed with my blue, yellow, and red lights.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Post by agricola »

We were on a cruise ship for Halloween. They had a Halloween party and quite a few people actually had costumes. Amazing. There aren't a lot of children on this cruise though, but I am pretty sure they got as much candy as they wanted!

However, cruise ships have parties EVERY night, usually in multiples of types and locations, so it was basically just one more 'event' in a baker's dozen of events.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I always get a little blue when Halloween is over.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

faithfyl wrote:I always get a little blue when Halloween is over.
Probably sugar withdrawal... :D
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I bought one bag of candy suitable for my grandson, put out a ceramic jack-o-lantern with fake candle, and was ready. No trick or treaters!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Ivy wrote:I bought one bag of candy suitable for my grandson, put out a ceramic jack-o-lantern with fake candle, and was ready. No trick or treaters!!
:cry: