Lock Him Up

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
FinallyFree

Lock Him Up

Post by FinallyFree »

Michael Flynn got to hear those words today. Karma.
KLP

Re: Lock Him Up

Post by KLP »

Does anyone actually know what General Flynn did that was wrong and how he was caught? I thought him lying was the reason he was let go in the first place. Plus, If there is now a ground swell to actually locking up folks for lying then I need to start buying some stock in the incarceration industry. So what did this guy do?
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

This is the NPR version of what happened.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/05/56831958 ... lynn-story
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Lock them all up. :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

B.H. wrote:Lock them all up. :lol:
Yes!
KLP

Post by KLP »

So there was actually nothing wrong or out of the normal for an incoming Administration from talking to ambassadors...it has been done by every admin for decades and decades. But the threat of some obscure law that has not been even prosecuted or charged in over 200yrs makes Flynn deny (lie) he was doing what every other admin, including Obama, had done. And then the Obama admin (such as Comey and Clapper) that testifies it was not eavesdropping on Trump group goes to the Trump Admin out of "courtesy" to let them know that they have a recording of Flynn actually talking to the Ambassador (again common to all admins and legal after the election). And of course the FBI questioned Flynn for what reason exactly? They already had recordings of him doing what was legal and common...namely talking to ambassadors. So why were they asking him about what they already knew and know to not be illegal?

Yes, he lied. Go figure...that was complete stupid but still there was nothing actually wrong being done and nothing that the prior administrations had not done.

But this is a Gotcha Ya...WINNER! hooray..it is al about winning. congratulations, you won...it is a great day for the country as this will really help things.

Now if there was any genuine concern about talking to foreign governments and getting money out of them for promises...then maybe there would be a concern for why so many foreign governments were donating to the Clinton foundation. But of course the people claiming VICTORY and WINNING are not really interested or concerned about foreign dirty business...it is only about winning.

And that is what makes me sad. Yes, Trump is a creep and but the people who complain about him being a creep don't really mind creeps in the absolute sense.

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you "actually" care.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

KLP, I am going to agree with you on this one. This is actually a good time to bring something up from the Bible. The Law of Moses says you cannot prosecute someone for something wrong you yourself are doing. If everyone is talking to ambassadors then they should get in trouble too. If the law doesn't go after them they shouldn't go after Flynn either. Such is hypocrisy and the Quran absolutely forbids hypocrisy. You find hypocrisy condemned in the Quran more than other sins, I think.

I want to recommend a good book that explains how societies work on the governmental and organizational level in the real world. It is called "The Dictator's Handbook". You can get free in PDF form online. Don't let the title fool you, it explains how dictatorships work and how democracies also work. Hint: It is all about money and legal (and illegal bribery).
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

I watched the recent PBS series from Ken Burns on Vietnam War. The voice recordings and writings of Ike, JFK, LBJ, Nixon as well as McNamara and Kissinger are so discouraging and depressing. It is like House of Cards in how they do things they don't care about and think are wrong but feel they must due to politics or circumstances. It is just awful to hear how plain and frank they are about doing what they think is a waste and saying just the opposite to the people. It is about power, legacy, and winning over and over.

There was one conversation when president elect Nixon had been interfering in the peace talks and LBJ had him recorded as such...LBJ decides not to push it since it would reveal they were eavesdropping on opponents and Americans. But Nixon calls LBJ and tells him how much he respects him and would never ever do such a thing. And LBJ goes on about how wonderful and reassuring it is to hear Nixon say he would never do that. They are just lying to each other. But LBJ was lying that he thought the war was worth pursuing and expanding.

And that is the real effect and real danger/goal of Putin and Russia. To make Americans lose faith and to reject the entirety of democratic governance. Like the Russians need to help anyway considering the mess both parties have made.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

KLP,

You hear all these conspiracy theories about how so-and-so killed President Kennedy. And of course these conspiracy authors always portray Kennedy as a saint and as a would be apostle if he lived in Jesus's time. But no one ever entertains the idea that Kennedy might have been up to evil and the people shooting him may have been trying to stop that evil. Just food for thought.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

And that is the real effect and real danger/goal of Putin and Russia. To make Americans lose faith and to reject the entirety of democratic governance. Like the Russians need to help anyway considering the mess both parties have made.

Here is my opinion. I read a lot. A lot of books, a lot of news reports. I email experts and often they reply.

This opinion is mine alone. I think the powers that be and going to take the US back to what it was before World War Two and the Great Depression. We are going to be ruled by a few uber well off people delegating authority and power through business connections and money down from the national to state to county and city. I believe the system as it is is going to crash and within a few years. We will have hyperinflation. I believe all this stuff in the news making us doubt our politicians, government, ect. is to prepare us or a great many citizens for a period of military government that will last until things stabilize. We'll have "democratic" government restored after a couple of years but it will be gutted of power and really not do anything. The US will be a third world nation living standard wise with 90% of the population living hand to mouth. I am even reading and infering from these readings some among the elite may try to roll back the civil rights of blacks and restore segregation. I hope I am wrong about all of this but the last twenty years seem to follow my predictions pretty good.