The Same Old Lies bout Trump

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
KLP

The Same Old Lies bout Trump

Post by KLP »

I see the same old charges of sexual assault against Trump are being brushed off again. These 30yr in the past charges were debunked last year. Oh and supposedly Hillary felt so threatened to even be on the stage with Trump...tantamount to what passes as assault these days. And of course the audio tape of him bragging is supposed to be the God's honest truth with no exaggeration even though ya know you can't trust anything he says because of course he is a liar as well as a womanizer.

It is just more of the same, the Dems and Libs wanting to over turn the election like a bunch of spoiled children who are so mad because they just new cough, lying, stumbling, Russia-trading Hillary was a shoe in. HA...the election is over and Hillary lost and there is zilch on the Russians election collusion front even though ever political hack Hillary supporter is in on the "investigation".

Jobs are up, markets are up, incomes are up and finally someone is trying to put the brakes on more and more "immigrants".
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Moogy

Re: The Same Old Lies bout Trump

Post by Moogy »

I am glad to see someone is pleased with the direction of politics in the U.S. ( My best effort at being supportive on this support forum.) :lol:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
KLP

Post by KLP »

Oh I could be much more pleased. Like the petty crap between President and his haters would stop. Enforce real border control and end sanctuary for illegals. And start reducing entitlements and working towards a commitment against deficit spending and paying of the debt. Those are the sort of things that would actually please me. I am just commenting on the fact that the same petty dirty politics to try and take down an opponent is BS and detrimental...yes, I am glad to see it not have the effect that the haters had hoped. Because as it is there is no proof Trump criminally assaulted any woman and witnesses to the contrary. No blue stained dress so far so I am fine with looking at performance like we used to do.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

KLP wrote:And start reducing entitlements and working towards a commitment against deficit spending and paying of the debt.
What are you including in your idea of reducing entitlements, KLP? Are you including Social Security and Medicare in that?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

They are not going to end all of this spending. Those are the legal bribes to various groups keeping the country together.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy wrote:
KLP wrote:And start reducing entitlements and working towards a commitment against deficit spending and paying of the debt.
What are you including in your idea of reducing entitlements, KLP? Are you including Social Security and Medicare in that?
Support and Agreement only please. If you want to stump for continued deficit spending and ever growing entitlements then please get your own Tea Cup.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

KLP wrote:
Ivy wrote:
Support and Agreement only please. If you want to stump for continued deficit spending and ever growing entitlements then please get your own Tea Cup.
I was just asking for clarification, so I will know whether or not I can agree with all or part of your statement. I don't know how old you are, but I would guess you have at least started thinking about when you'll be taking your SS and then Medicare......that's why I was wondering what your stance is on those particular benefits. Maybe you're planning to forego your benefits when it's your turn, and I'm completely ok with that, and would agree that it's a noble thing to do if that's your choice.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy, please go start your own Tea Cup to push for continued deficit spending, increasing the national debt, pushing the cost of on to future generations, with the continued promise of entitlements to a growing number of folks. I don't know what decisions you have made or things that have happened to you in this life but it seems your are really depending on the government and tax payers to provide a large portion of your future. And I am OK with thinking that way but I cannot be as supportive as perhaps you require. So again, nicely, please go start your own Thread so you can push for continued and increasing govt spending.
agricola

Post by agricola »

I've worked over forty years and I've been paying into SS and Medicare that entire time, and I am indeed 'entitled' to those benefits.

As for 'lying about Trump', there is absolutely no need to do so; the truth of Trump is sufficiently damning. Besides, he lies quite enough by himself for four other people, at least.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
katisha

Post by katisha »

agricola wrote:I've worked over forty years and I've been paying into SS and Medicare that entire time, and I am indeed 'entitled' to those benefits.

As for 'lying about Trump', there is absolutely no need to do so; the truth of Trump is sufficiently damning. Besides, he lies quite enough by himself for four other people, at least.
Sometimes I wish we had a "like" button on here. ;)
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian