Wishing you joy and peace in the New Year

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
teresa
Site Admin

Wishing you joy and peace in the New Year

Post by teresa »

To all,

Wishing you joy, peace, and love in the coming New Year.

For those who believe in God, I wish for you a deep sense of God's presence & love in your life. I need this also.

For those who don't believe in God, I wish for you a deep sense of being loved and valued as a human being.

My thanks to agricola for her dedication in moderating this board. Her suggestions and feedback to me have been invaluable over the years. Her information about Judaism has been outstanding, both on the Support Board and Discussion Board.

My thanks to all of you who have welcomed and continue to welcome those in need of support.
Cootie Brown

Re: Wishing you joy and peace in the New Year

Post by Cootie Brown »

And to you & yours too Teresa.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Happy Holidays to everyone here.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

What are all of you getting me for christmas?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

B.H. wrote:What are all of you getting me for christmas?
How about a new prayer rug,...or maybe knee pads? :P
agricola

Post by agricola »

May 2018 bring light, joy and peace.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

On a more serious note. My daughter in law is seriously ill with cancer. She's been fighting it for 10 years and it recently took a turn for the worse. She spent 24 days in the hospital in November. Her survival was in doubt and still is. Her original breast cancer went into remission for 4.5 years and then returned as bone cancer. It is now in her stomach too. She is very ill.

They will be married 27 years as of Dec 31st. She just turned 49 this past Oct.1st. My grandson turned 24 this past July. My wife and daughter in law are both Christians and I'm certain they would appreciate your prayers. As is well known I'm not so much of a God believer these days, but I'm willing to try anything that might help her including prayer.

I know my wife has an army of prayer warriors praying for my daughter in law. My son is a first responder paramedic and my daughter in law was a Navy corpsman for 15 years so they both have a very clear understanding of the situation from a medical perspective. The doctor asked her if she wanted to stop treatments and she laughed at him. She told him she'd been fighting it for ten years and winning and she wasn't quitting now. She's a warrior.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

I am very sorry Cootie. I pray that God will surround them with his presence and love.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

teresa wrote:I am very sorry Cootie. I pray that God will surround them with his presence and love.
Thank you Teresa.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Cootie Brown wrote:On a more serious note. My daughter in law is seriously ill with cancer. She's been fighting it for 10 years and it recently took a turn for the worse. She spent 24 days in the hospital in November. Her survival was in doubt and still is. Her original breast cancer went into remission for 4.5 years and then returned as bone cancer. It is now in her stomach too. She is very ill. .
I am sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated on her situation.