ACC Prohibits Students from working at Hooters!

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Cootie Brown

ACC Prohibits Students from working at Hooters!

Post by Cootie Brown »

Abilene Christian College (Texas) cautions it's students against working at Hooters Restaurant

The Office of Student Life is cautioning students against working at Hooters, a restaurant known for sexualizing its servers, which will open a nearby location in January.

Dr. Chris Riley, vice president for Student Life, urged students to consider what the Hooters business represents, in response to a request for a statement from The Optimist.

“As Jesus followers, I think we have to consider what Hooters reflects about how we value others,” said Riley in an email, “and whether we see them as more than ‘products’ to be sold.”[Snipped]

http://acuoptimist.com/2017/12/student- ... g-hooters/
Cootie Brown

Re: ACC Prohibits Students from working at Hooters!

Post by Cootie Brown »

This was posted over at Ex-Christian.net and they are having some fun with it. I tend to be a libertarian on many issues. I have no problem with the University discouraging students from working at Hooters, but telling a consenting adult they "can't" work there without fear of punishment or expulsion from the University is troubling but the University is entitled to make the rules and students are free to accept those rules or go to a different University.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

The truth of the matter is that Hooters waitresses don't wear anything that isn't commonly worn by a lot of young women in public. They wear short shorts and tight tee shirts, and so do a whole lot of other young women.

And most of the waitresses are well endowed but not all of them. I believe the girls make pretty good money too.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

That guy said "sexual recreation"!!!! :P :lol: :twisted:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

People that are not religious often consider sex to be a recreational activity. It seems the idea that sex is some spiritual, holy, or sacred act is limited to the religious realm. And when that religious belief is carried over into marriage it can become a serious problem if both parties aren't on the same page.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Cootie Brown wrote:People that are not religious often consider sex to be a recreational activity. It seems the idea that sex is some spiritual, holy, or sacred act is limited to the religious realm. And when that religious belief is carried over into marriage it can become a serious problem if both parties aren't on the same page.
This makes sense to me, but I think for most women, sex is not a recreational activity. They become emotionally involved.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

FinallyFree wrote:
Cootie Brown wrote:People that are not religious often consider sex to be a recreational activity. It seems the idea that sex is some spiritual, holy, or sacred act is limited to the religious realm. And when that religious belief is carried over into marriage it can become a serious problem if both parties aren't on the same page.
This makes sense to me, but I think for most women, sex is not a recreational activity. They become emotionally involved.
I think it's pretty clear men & women have different needs & desires when it comes to sex. When religion takes a basic need and declares it's sinful that is bound to create a lot of negative repercussions. I recently watched a TED Talk on YouTube by a sex therapist. She indicated that approximately 25% of all U.S. Marriages are sexless, meaning the couple has sex less than 10 times per year.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I don't give a hoot about Hooters.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Now, now, that's Abilene Christian UNIVERSITY. (Since the early 1980s, IIRC.)

Both of my wife's parents graduated from there. That was in the 1950s before it was associated with the "liberal" Churches of Christ :D :D :D

(That was before the split.)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Lerk wrote:Now, now, that's Abilene Christian UNIVERSITY. (Since the early 1980s, IIRC.)

Both of my wife's parents graduated from there. That was in the 1950s before it was associated with the "liberal" Churches of Christ :D :D :D

(That was before the split.)
Interesting!! The 1950s!!! I bet they have some stories they could tell.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~