ACC Prohibits Students from working at Hooters!

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Re: ACC Prohibits Students from working at Hooters!

Post by B.H. »

I don't understand why ACC has a problem with its students going to hooters. I mean, geez, they see boobs when they open up their church directories and see pictures of the elders and preachers.

:oops:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

B.H. wrote:I don't understand why ACC has a problem with its students going to hooters. I mean, geez, they see boobs when they open up their church directories and see pictures of the elders and preachers.

:oops:
Woooooooohhhhh! :o :shock:
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I think it's been known as ACU for a very long time.

Anyway, I think it's disgusting they would try to dictate where their students can work. Are they going to lower their tuition?

What about other bars and restaurants that serve alcohol? Taking that out of the equation, it could be difficult for a student to find work, especially with no real job skills and no degree.
KLP

Post by KLP »

It is sad and telling that you have to tell someone that Christians have no business going into such a place. Or that you have to tell so called folks interested in morality that requiring the women to be scantily clad is sexualizing and objectifying the women. But then they have to tell folks not use a hair dryer in the bathtub...so I guess it makes sense.

BTW, my wife doesn't want me going to Hooters either...and neither of us went to the university formerly known as ACC. And I guess that means I should not be going to Twin Peaks or Tilted Kilt.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:I think it's been known as ACU for a very long time.

Anyway, I think it's disgusting they would try to dictate where their students can work. Are they going to lower their tuition?

What about other bars and restaurants that serve alcohol? Taking that out of the equation, it could be difficult for a student to find work, especially with no real job skills and no degree.
What about those ACU students who aren't christian of any denomination, much less cofc?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy wrote:What about those ACU students who aren't christian of any denomination, much less cofc?
They don't sound that bright since Christian is in the title of the institution. But they sound like ready fodder for some protest march.

They can protest and file suit for the right to work at and/or patronize (can we still use that word?) Hooters (can we still use that word?).

But of course supporting an actual right that shall not be infringed...well now supporting that right is crazy talk. :) ;)
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Ivy wrote:

What about those ACU students who aren't christian of any denomination, much less cofc?
Well exactly, yes. ACU does not require it's students to be any particular religion.

There are a vast variety of jobs that could be labeled "Un-Christian". There are massive numbers of restaurants that serve alcohol and liquor. is ACU going to put a stop to any student working in a restaurant? What about a grocery store that sells wine? This could potentially wipe out hundreds of student jobs.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:
Ivy wrote:

Well exactly, yes. ACU does not require it's students to be any particular religion.

There are a vast variety of jobs that could be labeled "Un-Christian". There are massive numbers of restaurants that serve alcohol and liquor. is ACU going to put a stop to any student working in a restaurant? What about a grocery store that sells wine? This could potentially wipe out hundreds of student jobs.
This is probably one more reason the NICOC feels they're righteous in not sponsoring cofc colleges. Too many wild kids to police. :lol:
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I am sure ivyrose would not have worked at Hooters if she was in college.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:I am sure ivyrose would not have worked at Hooters if she was in college.
That's right BH. But my school wouldn't have cared if I had. :lol: :lol: :lol: