What does God look like?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: What does God look like?

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote:So what'd she/he/it look like, Ivy???
I honestly can't describe now, Sola. It was nebulous, more like a sensing I guess.
And that was so very long ago. But a defining experience.

* Disclaimer: Kids, do not try this at home and I do not recommend. This was back
in ancient history.....a different place and time.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Ivy wrote:
I honestly can't describe now, Sola. It was nebulous, more like a sensing I guess.

* Disclaimer: Kids, do not try this at home and I do not recommend. This was back
(Bump)
Last edited by SolaDude on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

SolaDude wrote:
Ivy wrote:

(Bump)
Last edited by SolaDude on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Ivy, do you look back on that and perhaps thank God that it wasn't worse....that you made it thorugh all that?? I remember watching a fella going through a trip on TV....one of the most shocking things to see....he spoke as he was going through the trip, stating he was digging himself up from the depths of the earth through pure black stone in the most frantic panic you can imagine, pouring with sweat....finally made it through though....the viewer I don't think could watch something like that without being completely drained....and leaving an indelible memory in the ol' brain.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote:Ivy, do you look back on that and perhaps thank God that it wasn't worse....that you made it thorugh all that?? I remember watching a fella going through a trip on TV....one of the most shocking things to see....he spoke as he was going through the trip, stating he was digging himself up from the depths of the earth through pure black stone in the most frantic panic you can imagine, pouring with sweat....finally made it through though....the viewer I don't think could watch something like that without being completely drained....and leaving an indelible memory in the ol' brain.
Oh, yes, Sola. I do thank God for that. It was a foolish, dangerous thing to do....an immature choice I made long ago.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy said, I saw god during an LSD trip once, back during the 70s
:o :shock:

What!? I'm shocked. Not my sweet loveable and innocent Ivey. Tell me it ain't so!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:

What!? I'm shocked. Not my sweet loveable and innocent Ivey. Tell me it ain't so!
I was just kidding. Thought we needed to spice up the discussion a bit. Bad idea.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy wrote:
Cootie Brown wrote:

I was just kidding. Thought we needed to spice up the discussion a bit. Bad idea.
I think you've been reading way too many of my posts. I'm not a good influence, you need to ignore me. 8-)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:I think you've been reading way too many of my posts. I'm not a good influence, you need to ignore me. 8-)
OK.....'splain your meaning. :lol:
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy wrote:
Cootie Brown wrote:I think you've been reading way too many of my posts. I'm not a good influence, you need to ignore me. 8-)
OK.....'splain your meaning. :lol:
My humor is definitely an acquired taste. Kind of like drinking Jack Daniels for the first time. The first sip is awful but the more sips you take the better it taste, and after a few drinks you really don't care how it taste you just want more of it. I'm mildly humorous at first but the more you read me the more immune you become to my peculiar sense of humor. Then one day, like my wife of 52 years, you just laugh at everything I say just for the hell of it so I'll leave you alone.

And at my age people aren't expecting me to make any sense anyway.

Your LSD joke sounded like some of my material and that concerned me. ;) :lol: