Qualifications for president

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Re: Qualifications for president

Post by B.H. »

Lightning flew out of Ivy somewhere and consumed KLP!

<BH runs and hides>
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:Lightning flew out of Ivy somewhere and consumed KLP!

<BH runs and hides>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When sister Stone Cold Ivy has had enough, she's had enough. :twisted:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy wrote:
KLP wrote:Notice how Ivy uses the laughing emoticon yet the Mods don't have any issue with this. hmmm remember when laughing at someone was considered bad form around here?
Thou hypocrite!!! Here is a quote from you on this thread:
KLP wrote:Now the Left wants to say that yes the Market is maybe good but has nothing to do with the President. :lol:
Thou dullard!!! The point is that in the past my use of the laughing icon was used as proof of laughing "at peoples POV and thoughts"...It was a rather selective persecution by the Mods since as I pointed out it happens regularly around here. Glad to help you grasp the point. No I never denied using the laughing icon...but somehow the mods and others projected their own thoughts on to my usage of the emoticon. That is on them as is their inconsistent claim at taking offense in seeing the emoticon.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

KLP wrote:It was a rather selective persecution by the Mods since as I pointed out it happens regularly around here.
I have never once in 10 years (or however long it's been) felt persecuted by the mods. Perhaps it's something about your behavior they're
trying to help you understand and change...to help you communicate better on the board and avoid alienating others. Just something to think about.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy wrote:
KLP wrote:It was a rather selective persecution by the Mods since as I pointed out it happens regularly around here.
I have never once in 10 years (or however long it's been) felt persecuted by the mods. Perhaps it's something about your behavior they're
trying to help you understand and change...to help you communicate better on the board and avoid alienating others. Just something to think about.
I am sure you haven't been challenged for your views, much like the NYT doesn't challenge much anything from the DNC. But yes, I agree with you that the Mods would prefer some sort of re-education camps or even silence when they find view points that do not align with their own. But then where is the fun in that? ;)

Still, I am just glad in this case at least you didn't refute the assertion of fact. Speaking of which, have you come up with any counter Facts and Data to refute the economy is growing faster since the election of Donald Trump? I mean you were adamant that this POV was subjective on my part...so finding data to show the economy is doing worse that before ought to be something you have at the ready. No??? :)
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

KLP wrote:
Ivy wrote:
KLP wrote:II am sure you haven't been challenged for your views, much like the NYT doesn't challenge much anything from the DNC.
KLP, you apparently never noticed that for a few years while I was still involved in church, I (embarrassingly, and that's a whole other story) leaned slightly to the right and agreed with you more often.....no, they didn't single me out back then, either. Honestly, from what I have seen, they have just tried to help you play better with others and have been extremely respectful in trying to work with you.

I have also told you I know that the stock market is doing well right now (my stocks are doing great), but that there are other things to consider that are at least equally important as the stock markets...such as the environment, access to decent health care, quality of leadership, human dignity, etc.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Thank you Ivy. I love you Ivy
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

KLP wrote:Thank you Ivy. I love you Ivy
Damn............
agricola

Post by agricola »

My brother posted a political cartoon on facebook yesterday which applies somewhat - it showed a homeless man asleep on a bench, wrapped in newspapers against the winter cold.

The newspaper headline said things like 'corporate profits up 300%!' and 'stock market makes amazing gains!'

And the caption was something like: maybe we should stop judging the health of the economy by how well Wall Street/Corporate profits are doing.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote: And the caption was something like: maybe we should stop judging the health of the economy by how well Wall Street/Corporate profits are doing.
That's what I'm saying.