How old are we here?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".

How old are we here on the Ex-CofC Board?

17-21
No votes
21-25
6%
26-30
No votes
30-40
12%
40-50
24%
50-60
21%
60-70
30%
70-80
6%
80 & older
No votes

Total votes: 33

SolaDude

Re: How old are we here?

Post by SolaDude »

Hey looks like the 60-70s win....what's our prize??
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

SolaDude wrote:Hey looks like the 60-70s win....what's our prize??

You get a years supply of prune juice! :P :lol: :P
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
SolaDude wrote:Hey looks like the 60-70s win....what's our prize??

You get a years supply of prune juice! :P :lol: :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well....I'd say this suggests the baby boomers got the first wave brunt of the 1950s NI split, and that it continues to
cause pain to the younger generations, albeit PERHAPS slightly less so as one is distanced in time from "ground zero".

Which we already knew, and didn't have to spend all these resources on a poll. :lol:

We need t-shirts.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

Technically I straddle two options, since it's a multiple of 10, but I went with the older of the two options, since my birthday is coming up soon. :)
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

I will be 71 this year. Got to quit looking at the obit's. Got to keep a positive frame of mind. I don't mind getting older. Sure beats the alternative.
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

What is really telling is that I was in Vietnam 50 years ago. I was there during the Tet Offensive, for those old enough to remember. A hellish time. BH, no comments please.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

tarheel wrote:I will be 71 this year. Got to quit looking at the obit's. Got to keep a positive frame of mind. I don't mind getting older. Sure beats the alternative.
I got you by a year. So, I'm still senior.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

tarheel wrote:What is really telling is that I was in Vietnam 50 years ago. I was there during the Tet Offensive, for those old enough to remember. A hellish time. BH, no comments please.
I enlisted in the Navy July 13, 1964. I knew I was going to get drafted so I had some decisions to make and some questions to answer. 1. How do I feel about having to shoot someone and possibly kill them. The answer is I'd rather not.
2. How do I feel about getting shot. The answer was pretty easy. I would really rather not have that experience.
3. I have to serve my country so which branch of the military gives me the best chance to survive. The answer, Hello Navy recruiter where do I sign?
(The Air Force was my second choice and I admit I never thought about the Coast Guard until I met a Coast Guard recruit at Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Well duh?)

The Navy in their great wisdom sent me to Cecil Field Florida to train pilots. I was later transferred to a Combat Squadron but my enlistment was up before they deployed.

It sounds like you were infantry Tarheel. If so, I have the deepest respect for you sir and I can only imagine what you experienced. I salute you sir you are a true American hero.

I was married when I got to Cecil Field. Our next door neighbor was married too. He was a Marine. He went to Nam. He was a door gunner on a Helicopter. He was shot down 3 times but survived. We met them years later when we went to Disneyland with our kids. They lived in Tampa at the time. We spent the night with them. Doug went through hell too. He is also a genuine Hero and a friend that I hold in the highest regards.

Thank you for your service Tarheel. I am honored, if only in cyber space, to make your acquaintance.
Last edited by Cootie Brown on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

tarheel wrote:What is really telling is that I was in Vietnam 50 years ago. I was there during the Tet Offensive, for those old enough to remember. A hellish time. BH, no comments please.
I sure remember it, was in high school while you had your life on the line...but can't believe it's been a half a century.....
katisha

Post by katisha »

My late Ex-husband was in Nam during Tet. He told me some scary stuff. He would have been 70, turning 71 in the spring. They think it was Agent Orange that finally got to him. Sad.

I'm only 64. Two more years till I'm old enough to retire. Whoo hoo!
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian