Shame of White Christianity

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
SolaDude

Shame of White Christianity

Post by SolaDude »

Anti-semitism: because with this sentiment, a Christian hangs him or herself....because he or she has been grafted into a semitic heritage...and the patent and repulsive hatred against the Jew is based on holding up the Lord as the Lord of hatred rather than Satan himself....and hating His own people....when He came to save THEM.....and you, white Christian, even in your ignorance you still got the gospel, but you got it secondarily...it went first to the Jew, then to the Greek....I am simply ashamed to be a white Christian much of the time and I ask God everyday to have mercy on all of us....may He do so....
KLP

Re: Shame of White Christianity

Post by KLP »

Thanks for the offer, but please don't include me in your "all of us" declaration of shame and hate. BTW, if you really want to see some Jew hating then maybe White Christians is not the best place to look...but yes, hatred of people by group is bad. On this we agree.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
katisha

Post by katisha »

SolaDude wrote:Anti-semitism: because with this sentiment, a Christian hangs him or herself....because he or she has been grafted into a semitic heritage...and the patent and repulsive hatred against the Jew is based on holding up the Lord as the Lord of hatred rather than Satan himself....and hating His own people....when He came to save THEM.....and you, white Christian, even in your ignorance you still got the gospel, but you got it secondarily...it went first to the Jew, then to the Greek....I am simply ashamed to be a white Christian much of the time and I ask God everyday to have mercy on all of us....may He do so....
I was raised in a southern Florida metropolis and went to school and socialized with many Jewish people. I never witnessed any anti-Semitism. I celebrated Chanukah with them, and they celebrated Christmas with us. I did not experience anti-Semitism until I moved to the central part of the country, where there were very few Jewish people. That was were I first heard the term "Jew someone down" and many slanderous comments about Jewish people that were obviously spoken by ignorant people. When I tried to tell these people that their perceptions were wrong, it was like spitting in the wind. I gave up years ago.

In my opinion, anyone who judges a single person or a group by such biased concepts, without any obvious proof that those concepts are true, is the personification of what is wrong in the world today. I will not call it racism, because race is not always the thing that people judge others on. But it is definitely an -ism.
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
KLP

Post by KLP »

Yes judging or hating people by group is nuts. And so group guilt is also misguided because again, it is seeing people as a group.

If you personally did something wrong then you have some guilt to be ashamed of....period. This group identity thinking stuff just leads to all sorts of trouble.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.