Bucket List Help, Please!

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: Bucket List Help, Please!

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
Ivy wrote:Sola, I hope you don't kick off any time soon!! You've got a lot to do here. :)

You and Mrs. Sola can visit DH and me at our remote cabin, which is on the edge of a dormant super volcano. :D

Ivy is so tough the volcano does not dare erupt!
That's right. But if it ever does, it's adios amigos. Not to worry, though....we will all be long gone by the time that happens.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I'd like to go on pilgrimige to Mecca like a good Muslim should. Then I'd like to visit every county in Texas.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

B.H. wrote:I'd like to go on pilgrimige to Mecca like a good Muslim should. Then I'd like to visit every county in Texas.
I get the pilgrimage to Mecca....can't wrap my head around the Texas thing.... :)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote:
B.H. wrote:I'd like to go on pilgrimige to Mecca like a good Muslim should. Then I'd like to visit every county in Texas.
I get the pilgrimage to Mecca....can't wrap my head around the Texas thing.... :)
It's because he wants to visit with me and Moogy in our home counties. :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

BH, do you want us to start a "Go Fund Me" page for you? I'd contribute. :D
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
BH, do you want us to start a "Go Fund Me" page for you? I'd contribute. :D
Why thank you but it is something I want to do myself. I'm not rich but I am not poor. I should be able to save enough up for the trip and back. Might stop by Massachusetts and look up kent.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Post by agricola »

A bucket list has to be a personal thing. Suggestions are fine, but nobody should take a list of suggestions from other people and go out and 'do those'.

For me, for example, I like to 'see' places, so a lot of my bucket list involves traveling and seeing special places.
Other people might really prefer going to concerts for their favorite bands or singers instead of traveling to look at some special hill or valley, no matter how 'famous'.

So by all means, ask people about the places or people or things they would like to see, or do, or experience. But then make your OWN darn bucket list, with what YOU want to see/do/experience.

Maybe your personal bucket list includes learning to knit. So go and learn to knit! It is nobody's business what delights you, only your own opinion counts.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Don't worry Agri, I am not using your list.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.