Think Twice

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
SolaDude

Think Twice

Post by SolaDude »

Yet another waxing philosophique interlude by SolaDude:

So here I am in the Philippines....just went through some provincial areas the past few days....kept hearing the words of one of my sages, Phil Collins, running through my head...I've provided them below along with the link to his song "Another Day in Paradise"....anyway IMO, on the bottom line, the reality is and always has been that the harshness of life is truly beyond harsh....there are really no words in English that can approach characterizing it...and really, if you want a wake-up call on your life, come here to the Philippines and you'll find out where paradise really is....

Ironically, I remember seeing a news clip on a world class runway fashion exhibit on TV once, I think it was from Paris....all the wealthiest people in the world were there in the audience...all the world media there focusing on it.....the most beautiful models walked down that runway with the most expensive clothes in the world on, with cameras flashing out in the audience....and they played this song as they walked down that runway....a picture I can't forget.....damn.

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiUQE5bJKFU

She calls out to the man on the street
'Sir, can you help me?
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep,
Is there somewhere you can tell me?'
He walks on, doesn't look back
He pretends he can't hear her
Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
Seems embarrassed to be there
Oh think twice, it's another day for you and me in paradise
Oh think twice, 'cause it's just another day for you,
You and me in paradise, think about it
She calls out to the man on the street
He can see she's been crying
She's got blisters on the soles of her feet
She can't walk but she's trying
Oh think twice, 'cause it's another day for you and me in paradise
Oh think twice, it's just another day for you,
You and me in paradise, think about it
Oh Lord, is there nothing more anybody can do
Oh Lord, there must be something you can say
You can tell from the lines on her face
You can see that she's been there
Probably been moved on from every place
Cause she didn't fit in there
Oh think twice, 'cause another day for you and me in paradise
Oh think twice, it's just another day for you,
You and me in paradise, just think about it, think about it
roddma

Re: Think Twice

Post by roddma »

Little late, but it doesn't help American poverty go away nor it is a reason to turn a blind eye thinking that the poor live better here. While it may seem that way, w can't presume it is easy. The US has one of the highest poverty rates of a developed nation and not everyone can get assistance. Plus Phil Collins meant to not turn a blind eye to the homeless in front of you.
SolaDude

Re: Think Twice

Post by SolaDude »

roddma wrote:Little late, but it doesn't help American poverty go away nor it is a reason to turn a blind eye thinking that the poor live better here. While it may seem that way, w can't presume it is easy. The US has one of the highest poverty rates of a developed nation and not everyone can get assistance. Plus Phil Collins meant to not turn a blind eye to the homeless in front of you.
Oh, absolutely, no intent to turn a blind eye to the homeless here or anywhere else, in fact rather to heighten it