The Willis Family

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
roddma

The Willis Family

Post by roddma »

The Willis family is a musical Van Trapp style religious family with 12 kids appearing on TLC. In late 2016, Toby Willis, the dad,is serving time for multiple rape charges including his own daughters. TLC sure knows how to pick em huh? Jessica Willis Fisher speaks about it. h**p://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/the-willis- ... log-158154
KLP

Re: The Willis Family

Post by KLP »

I am guessing the band broke up. I wonder what ever happened to that octomom woman with the 14 kids?
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I often wonder about people who choose to have, or adopt, large numbers of children. And why they choose that. For me, it would be stressful to raise more than 5 kids. I think some of the parents cave from the stress. If they have mental illness, it becomes even worse. Being mentally ill and being a full time caregiver don't mix well.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

He'll never last in prison. They'll kill him. The only way to avoid that would be to keep him in continuous protective lock-up.
Last edited by SolaDude on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

faithfyl wrote:I often wonder about people who choose to have, or adopt, large numbers of children. And why they choose that. For me, it would be stressful to raise more than 5 kids. I think some of the parents cave from the stress. If they have mental illness, it becomes even worse. Being mentally ill and being a full time caregiver don't mix well.
It is beyond sad to look at a large family like this nowadays and unavoidably suspect exploitation.....
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I hate children. 8-)

No, I don't really. I like kids but just do not want to be responsible for them 24/7.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
roddma

Post by roddma »

I often wonder about people who choose to have, or adopt, large numbers of children. And why they choose that. For me, it would be stressful to raise more than 5 kids. I think some of the parents cave from the stress. If they have mental illness, it becomes even worse. Being mentally ill and being a full time caregiver don't mix well.
faith
I don't get it either. There's the Briggs family who has 34 kids, 5 bio and others adopted.. The woman tells them they are the air she breathes. Some of the kids have special needs. It seems there are especially women who can't exist without babies or toddlers around and doing kid relate things. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with caring for kids but these people don't have an ID outside of kids. Furthermore, many aren't prepared to deal with the adopted kids let alone 12 or so bio kids.

I know people from all walks of life can be sexual offenders, but Toby lost half his siblings in a horrible accident back int eh early 1990s. They got a huge settlement. But then add to it Toby grew up in a conservative family. I know that still must have been horrible for them.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

faithfyl wrote:I often wonder about people who choose to have, or adopt, large numbers of children. And why they choose that. For me, it would be stressful to raise more than 5 kids. I think some of the parents cave from the stress. If they have mental illness, it becomes even worse. Being mentally ill and being a full time caregiver don't mix well.
This makes me think of that California family with the two mothers and six adopted kids that drove them off a cliff.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Yeah, those two women from Oregon or Washington drove the family down to California for a last road trip I guess. Terrible and so sad.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
roddma

Post by roddma »

^The family who drove off the cliff shows it doesn't take religion to be an abuser or have a ' savior'' complex. All of these families tried to be picture perfect. I wondered how on earth the Harts were allowed to adopt again given the history. Think of all the infertile people that would be glad to have one of them.