Starbucks fiasco

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
faithfyl

Re: Starbucks fiasco

Post by faithfyl »

I used to go to Starbuck's a lot. I can honestly say, there were a few times I didn't order coffee and just sat in a chair and read. There have also been a few times I walked into places of business just to use their restroom. I really cannot fault these men for what they did. I think the manager should have handled it better, not having them arrested. I will say that in a nice restaurant, it's way out of line to sit at a table and not order anything. It costs the owners money for people to sit there and they really should ask them to leave, if they aren't ordering anything. But a coffee shop is different to me. Starbuck's is not a restaurant. It's a casual hang-out place.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:I used to go to Starbuck's a lot. I can honestly say, there were a few times I didn't order coffee and just sat in a chair and read. There have also been a few times I walked into places of business just to use their restroom. I really cannot fault these men for what they did. I think the manager should have handled it better, not having them arrested. I will say that in a nice restaurant, it's way out of line to sit at a table and not order anything. It costs the owners money for people to sit there and they really should ask them to leave, if they aren't ordering anything. But a coffee shop is different to me. Starbuck's is not a restaurant. It's a casual hang-out place.
If the two men had been white they could have "waited for someone" until closing time and never have been harassed.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

I created a new topic in Coffee House called "Starbucks fiasco, differing views" and moved KLP's differing view post over there, plus the posts responding to KLP's differing view.

This is the Support and Agreement area.