I did it!

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Shrubbery

Re: I did it!

Post by Shrubbery »

You are exactly right, Ivy!

Good news... I told my husband about today's e-mail exchange. He found the "unfair" comment to be inappropriate. He's totally got my back on this type of thing. We both agree that the guy's initial intentions were good, but calling me unfair for not wanting to study with him every week, nope. I will study with my husband, not someone else's husband, thank you.

And the elders are planning to make the announcement this Sunday. Apparently, my husband wanted to give the deacons a heads up, personally. So he's been doing that this week. I will note that none of the elders have contacted me since I talked to the one elder last week. So they have not harassed me. And the texts I've received have been from people who don't know that I've left. My husband has my back and will make sure I don't get harassed. He's also going to tell them to tell the congregation not to try to do studies with me. I love him. :)

So I'm feeling much better this evening!
gordie91

Re: I did it!

Post by gordie91 »

Ivy you are spot on with the comment!

I think some think I am basically an atheist, idol worshiper and on one occasion the spawn of the devil.

It is very good that your husband has the respect for you and how you are treated. My wife was very good early on before she made concrete decisions. She laid the groundwork with her parents and explained my journey and supported me even though she hadn't fully processed it all.

BTW, I told my parents on separate occasions that I had file 13'ed religion all together and that furthermore I wasn't going to hell because of the church building I walk into on Sundays-it would something far worse. I think they realize it is better to be going somewhere than to ditch religion all together, like I had before becoming Orthodox.

Good news and best of luck.