GMan

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
CADreamer

GMan

Post by CADreamer »

Hi, folks. I used to be a very active member on this board, but life got in the way. (Maybe I should say Facebook got in the way.)

I wanted all of you to know that a long-time board member, GMan, passed away on Monday morning.

Glen was a calm presence here in the group. He never got agitated or angry, and was always kind and respectful in our conversations. He was a Scotsman, and we loved to tease him about his kilts. He also *loved* cheese, which became the topic of the day quite often. Glen left his cofC roots and became a Quaker, which was very fitting for his personality.

I hope you were welcomed with bagpipes, Glen.
LaDonna

Re: GMan

Post by LaDonna »

So sorry to hear about this. I was active on this board years ago and knew him to be the kindest person here. When everyone else was upset and arguing, he was unflappable. Rest in peace, Gman.
charmschooldropout

Post by charmschooldropout »

GMan was loved by all. I will miss him terribly.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I remember Gman too. I'm sorry to learn of his passing.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Glen was a calm presence here in the group. He never got agitated or angry, and was always kind and respectful in our conversations.
This is how I remember GMan also. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
singing with drums

Post by singing with drums »

Of all of the people on this board, he was the one I most wanted to know in person.
No disrespect meant to any of you, but he had a calm presence that I craved.
I can imagine the bagpipes greeting him.
I miss this group.
I will show up more often.
God is good.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I do miss G Man also. I was sorry to learn that he passed.