Leaving COC Bingo

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Shrubbery

Re: Leaving COC Bingo

Post by Shrubbery »

Had a brief text discussion with one lady this morning. She's the only one that has contacted me since last night's announcement, surprisingly. She's being friendly and such, but boy does she want to bring me back. I had to tell her that she really didn't want to go to the depths that my problems were. We briefly talked about silence of the scriptures being prohibitive and a couple stories in the Bible, but I kind of cut it short, as I could tell she was going to want to just help me hit each issue. And I told her I've hit each issue for over a year (I realized this week that I joined this forum in early May of last year! That's how long I've wanted out). And she really doesn't need to go there with me. I can't tell how much she knows about my current beliefs... ie, whether she knows I'm an atheist or just thinks I'm having doubts about the coc. I need to find out what was actually said at church last night, I guess. If they just read my e-mail, it's pretty vague. But if the elder added in anything learned from our talk, there could be more. I don't think he would have given information from our talk though. A few non-elders do know more information, including the atheist bit. So it might spread anyway. You know how that "do not gossip" command gets heeded so well. :roll:

Other than that, things have gone well since the announcement. I was in a good mood all day yesterday. Didn't shed a tear. :) I'm so happy to finally be OUT. Whether they'll eventually withdraw from me remains to be seen. I think they're still thinking I'll be the prodigal son, realizing my booze and prostituting ways are wrong. :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shrub, you handled that well. Remember, you don't owe anyone an explanation for your decision.

I feel that their announcing publicly that you have left is a violation of your privacy. They have no right or reason to do that.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

People are hurt because I left instead of going to talk to someone about my doubts. :roll:

After 20 years, I could totally just talk to myself as a coc person would. I know the script. I know the prooftexts to use as argumentation. So no, I don't want to talk to a coc person! I don't want to be brought back to coc thinking. I want to run far, far away.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shrubbery wrote:People are hurt because I left instead of going to talk to someone about my doubts. :roll:
:roll:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~