The Handmaid’s Tale

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
FinallyFree

The Handmaid’s Tale

Post by FinallyFree »

Does anyone watch this? I have a free month’s subscription to Hulu and watched the first three episodes. I loved it! The main character has flashbacks and remembers how things gradually happened and changed. Very timely—kind of like with The Americans and the current Russian connection.
Free Spirit

Re: The Handmaid’s Tale

Post by Free Spirit »

I read the book when it first came out 30 years ago and was terrified by it. I reread it recently and was terrified all over again, because it really could happen here. Thus, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the show, although I've heard it's really well done.
I know a little about a lot of things...just enough to make me dangerous.
http://normalisnotanoption.blogspot.com
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree!! I love this show!! We are on season 2, have about two episodes to go. I will be very careful not to post any spoilers.

Yes, I agree.....if some had their way, Gilead could happen.

And I watch The Americans too, but haven't watched lately because of the pay-per-view. It is very timely.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I am up to episode 9 of the first season. It is very good, but dark and disturbing.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree wrote:I am up to episode 9 of the first season. It is very good, but dark and disturbing.
You are so right!! It's hard to watch...but worth it.
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

I just started watching it recently. Definitely gives you an uneasy feeling, even though it's very well done. I just got through the episode where she finds out what the Latin in her closet means.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Just finished episode 11 of Season 2, so I am caught up. Keep watching, Shrubbery, it keeps getting better!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree wrote:Just finished episode 11 of Season 2, so I am caught up. Keep watching, Shrubbery, it keeps getting better!
It does!! Just finished S2 E10. We thought that was the finale, but now see there are......13 episodes? I wish we could discuss here, but don't want to spoil for anyone.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Still waiting for S2 E13. Has it actually been released on Hulu yet? I have seen conflicting information. I am ready to finish S2!!!
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Episode 13 will be on in two days.