Bill Maher

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
ena

Re: Bill Maher

Post by ena »

Cootie Brown wrote:Do you just stand by in silence and let that stuff go on? If a neighbors house is on fire do you just watch it burn or to you warm them and try and get them out?
Get them out and then serve hot dogs on a skewer. Its a shame to let calories go to waist er ah waste.
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

As the long time posters on here know I am a non-believer. Agnostic one day and athiest the next. One of my pet peeves is the christian posters on FB that wear their beliefs on their sleeves, always posting memes with a christian theme. But if I were to say something about what I believe they raise holy hell. Will admit they are almost always fundies.
Chachi

Post by Chachi »

In my experience, it is very common for people (who think they have the numbers) to attack non-conformists and those that differ. It happens in regards sexual orientation, religious views, politics (running people out of restaurants), and universities. Just about any group where some contingent feels they have the numbers then it is likely they will gang up to run some person off or at least constantly disparage them until they go away. But it is always easier for us to see the faults of others and how they treat people and excuse ourselves for the very same things. Anyone that challenges the group think is usually hated to some extent and often blamed for many or all the so called problems. Because that is easy. Church was bad but it really wasn't until I was gone that I realized it wasn't much different from the rest of the world.