July 27, 2016

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: July 27, 2016

Post by Ivy »

tarheel wrote:
FinallyFree wrote:I read that Prince Charles & Prince William did not want to meet Trump because they think he is a buffoon. Charles is very big on protecting the environment & he does not like what Trump has done.
According to the London Sunday Times, they not only didn't WANT to be with the Queen while meeting Trump but REFUSED to. Normally Charles would stand in for his father since he has retired from official duties but he said absolutely no. Then it fell to William who said the same thing. So the Queen did the meet by herself.
Well, all I can say is that she is a real trooper and great leader. She just held to protocol and did it, rather than causing an international incident. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

Econony is up - What did Trump do to cause that? Nothing
Nuke threat is down? - Not according to our intelligence community. Only because Trump said so.
Employment is up - This is a cycle caused by cheap money. Cheap money caused avaulable money. Available money caused demand. Demand created jobs to create the goods and services wanted by the cheap money. We are now going into the tail end of the cycle. It will begin to reverse itself. And once again, nothing Trump did.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

This is Tea House, so I've deleted the posts that were out of step with the opening poster. Unfortunately, that meant I also had to delete some of the related responses -- or maybe I could have left those, which I will try to do in the future.

The posts defending Trump would be fine if the thread had been started in Coffee House -- except that negative comments about people on this board who hold differing views from ourselves should be avoided. The posts defending Trump would also be fine in Tea House as an opening post, in which case, those who don't like Trump could stay off the thread defending Trump.
KLP

Post by KLP »

FinallyFree wrote:On this day, Trump asked the Russians to find Hillary’s emails. The Russians acted within hours of this. This was just a couple weeks after Trump Jr. and others met with Russian agents in Trump Tower—the meeting about “adoptions”.
Oh really, I had not heard this. So we now know it was the Russians who were getting Hillary's emails off her private server for government business and they only did it hours after Trump made his comment about the lost Hillary emails. That is terrible. I am having trouble finding a news source covering this finding...is there a handy link that has all the deets?
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

I don't care enough to follow all the political news, but I looked up a link for KLP.

Setting aside the question of whether Hilary should have had those emails on her personal server, the focus of the opening post is on the inappropriate speech and/or behavior of President Trump.

h**ps://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/ ... mails.html

Added later: h**ps://www.fox47news.com/newsy/did-donald-trum ... ons-emails
KLP

Post by KLP »

Thanks for that link Teresa, at least now I now where this perspective on the facts is coming from. So according to the NYT Trump invited the Russians to hack into Hillary's unsecure server where she handled classified document when he said that maybe the Russians could help find the missing and deleted 30k emails. OK, I now understand their POV. Personally, I am not sure Trump was not just making a humorous jab, but yes at least now I know who and how this is being presented as an invitation to hack into Hillary's off premise server. Thanks for the information.
Last edited by KLP on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Tarheel, that must have been very interesting being in London during that time period.
Very sorry if I was inappropriate in this thread.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

tarheel wrote:Econony is up - What did Trump do to cause that? Nothing
Nuke threat is down? - Not according to our intelligence community. Only because Trump said so.
Employment is up - This is a cycle caused by cheap money. Cheap money caused avaulable money. Available money caused demand. Demand created jobs to create the goods and services wanted by the cheap money. We are now going into the tail end of the cycle. It will begin to reverse itself. And once again, nothing Trump did.
I concure. What tarheel said is what I have read in the economic literature.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

tarheel wrote:
Ivy wrote:
FinallyFree wrote: Also, he uses “whataboutism”.

FF, one really has to wonder.....what is it that Putin has on Trump? It's got to be really good.
No kidding. It has got to be Prime Time stuff.

A pee pee tape. :lol: At least according to Saturday Night live.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Colbert jokes a lot about the pee pee tape.