cofc dreams....

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: cofc dreams....

Post by Ivy »

flawed wrote:I have apocalyptic dreams. Of course I’m always going to hell in them. One felt so real, I was holding my daughter’s hand when we were ascending into the sky, then I started falling while she kept going upwards.
Flawed, what a horrible nightmare. Is this a recurrent dream?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
flawed

Post by flawed »

Ivy wrote:
flawed wrote:I have apocalyptic dreams. Of course I’m always going to hell in them. One felt so real, I was holding my daughter’s hand when we were ascending into the sky, then I started falling while she kept going upwards.
Flawed, what a horrible nightmare. Is this a recurrent dream?
No I haven’t had one of these dreams in a while, a couple during my “deconversion” days, but I’m sure it had much to do with the mental anguish I was feeling. Another positive for no religion.
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

I think I had the most vivid dream along the lines you described. I saw a anniversary or birthday photo of someone I knew growing up that belonged to the "royalty", he married the elder and elderette's daughter. Sorry for the use of ette but I think it conveys the reality of this royal family, he was leading the men's meetings but she held the reins of real power. But I digress :o

This photo must have triggered this dream. He was leading a bible class and I was present. I was not a member of this church and everyone but him knew I was on the road to hell. He asked me a basic question about a certain belief and I began to answer when all of the sudden my mother tried to silence me interrupting my comments to tell him I was just visiting and should call on someone else. I was so flustered and embarrassed, in my dream, I crap you negative the feelings were so strong and real that I felt like it had really happened.

Definitely a NIGHTMARE!!!! And close to halloween, maybe I should dress up as a CoC elder or preacher with a sign that says if you ain't with us you are going to hell, either way, I can help with both! :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

gordie91 wrote: I saw a anniversary or birthday photo of someone I knew growing up that belonged to the "royalty", he married the elder and elderette's daughter. Sorry for the use of ette but I think it conveys the reality of this royal family, he was leading the men's meetings but she held the reins of real power.
OMG gordie I am ROFL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know the "elderettes" (shadow elders?) do wield all of the real power. Why not just be honest and let them be full blown elders? I'm just saying.
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

Ivy wrote:
gordie91 wrote: I saw a anniversary or birthday photo of someone I knew growing up that belonged to the "royalty", he married the elder and elderette's daughter. Sorry for the use of ette but I think it conveys the reality of this royal family, he was leading the men's meetings but she held the reins of real power.

We all know the "elderettes" (shadow elders?) do wield all of the real power. Why not just be honest and let them be full blown elders? I'm just saying.

I understand what you are saying however, that would not be "Keeping up Appearances". :lol: :lol: :lol:
flawed

Post by flawed »

Elderette :lol:

Good one Gordie!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

gordie91 wrote:
Ivy wrote:

I understand what you are saying however, that would not be "Keeping up Appearances". :lol: :lol: :lol:
My thought exactly!!! Have to look "right", no matter what's really going on.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I have church dreams but they are really CofC or about CofC. It is always (far as I can recall) very stressful...I am running late or worrying that they will figure out I am not attending and ...it is always unspoken, but it is a fear stress type thing.

Otherwise I dream about work, places and houses I used to live in. Sometimes my dead parents or other relatives. With relatives it is always happy. These tend to be mixed together...but church is rarely if ever mixed in with these topics.

Or the dream is about sex in some way but never actually have sex in the dreams, it is just about the topic..

But with church it is always stressful....which is odd because I am the only one that has left church so why aren't relatives mixed in since they are all CofC?

Seems odd.
singing with drums

Post by singing with drums »

I am blessed to say that when I do have CoC dreams, they are almost always happy dreams. I dream about the "singings" and the pot luck meals, and I dream about people who were important to me when I was a child. I have those dreams occasionally, and I welcome them.

When I do have those bad dreams, my extremely evil ex-husband is usually featured, and I cannot open the doors to get out of the church building. Those are terrifying. His mother is often in those dreams, evil woman who spawned the evil man...
It has been almost 20 years since I fled him. I want to erase that terrible time from my memory. Usually I do.
God is good.
ena

Post by ena »

singing with drums wrote:I am blessed to say that when I do have CoC dreams, they are almost always happy dreams. I dream about the "singings" and the pot luck meals, and I dream about people who were important to me when I was a child. I have those dreams occasionally, and I welcome them.

When I do have those bad dreams, my extremely evil ex-husband is usually featured, and I cannot open the doors to get out of the church building. Those are terrifying. His mother is often in those dreams, evil woman who spawned the evil man...
It has been almost 20 years since I fled him. I want to erase that terrible time from my memory. Usually I do.
Thanks for mentioning the positive along with the negative. My sister married into CoC royalty and later divorced for similar reasons. She had negative dreams that bothered her. She did remain CoC without recognizing how it worked into the equation. I did not like it because I have since identified several lies IMO. I identify Satanic things with the lies. So I see the CoC as Satanic. If I were attending today I would be dissecting sermons when I was not sleeping. Total waste of time.