cofc dreams....

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

cofc dreams....

Post by Ivy »

Do you ever have dreams about the cofc? I had one last night that I am trying to remember. It seems there were several old school preachers I had known in the past....it's very vague now but I thought this would be an interesting topic and maybe help me to remember.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Moogy

Re: cofc dreams....

Post by Moogy »

Ivy wrote:Do you ever have dreams about the cofc? I had one last night that I am trying to remember. It seems there were several old school preachers I had known in the past....it's very vague now but I thought this would be an interesting topic and maybe help me to remember.
Oh, yes, I have COC dreams. Do not like.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
FCOCER

Post by FCOCER »

They are called nightmares.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nightmares, yes!!

I know why I had the dream....I watched a few minutes of a cofc sermon video someone I knew posted online.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I never have CofC dreams. Songs frequently pop into my head, though.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

FCOCER wrote:They are called nightmares.
That was my thought, too.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I had one distinctive dream about church in my 20s, not long before or after I left the C of C for good. In the dream, I picked up my old white King James Bible and threw it as hard as I could, against the wall of the church. I think the dream was symbolic of my inner desire to leave the church.

The white King James Bible is one that I'd had since childhood. So I think it was also symbolic of my childhood too.
ena

Post by ena »

ena wrote:
faithfyl wrote:I had one distinctive dream about church in my 20s, not long before or after I left the C of C for good. In the dream, I picked up my old white King James Bible and threw it as hard as I could, against the wall of the church. I think the dream was symbolic of my inner desire to leave the church.

The white King James Bible is one that I'd had since childhood. So I think it was also symbolic of my childhood too.
Dreams can come from God to inform you. I have had this happen. I am not unique. They can be very symbolic and quite profound. Do not totally discount them. CoC training will tell you to. This gave me trouble for years after. I now take everything I learned in the CoC as a lie. It is safer that way because if the agree with the lie it can defeat your growth.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I dream sometimes about it. But they are good dreams. We are all glad to see each other and have love towards each other.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
flawed

Post by flawed »

I have apocalyptic dreams. Of course I’m always going to hell in them. One felt so real, I was holding my daughter’s hand when we were ascending into the sky, then I started falling while she kept going upwards.