A question for Teresa....

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

A question for Teresa....

Post by Ivy »

Teresa, I was wondering if you could give us the approximate date when you and Petros started the Ex-Cofc Support Board. I was just trying to figure out
when I first joined, and how long the board had been in existence at that time.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
teresa
Site Admin

Re: A question for Teresa....

Post by teresa »

Petros thinks it was 1990 or 1991.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

teresa wrote:Petros thinks it was 1990 or 1991.
Wow!! Thank you.
ena

Post by ena »

The board was open in 2005 when I had my head injury. I remember when mnala had meningitus. I lost a friend to that. I hope he is ok today. There are two forms viral and bacterial. They infect the lining of the brain. My skull is cracked where the neurosurgeon went in. They pealed back my scalp and took out a triangular piece of skull and vacuumed up my hemotoma. I have used suction in chemistry to run filters. The blood would go down the sink. I felt no pain. I was on warfarin. They spent several hours stabilizing me. It was in a area of the brain where there is room. Otherwise I would be dead or brain dead. Mr right eyebrow is paralysed. I cannot raise it. I am glad to have full mental function. I woke up with two rows of staples on my head. My son said I looked like a Borg. I was watching a whale show on TV when my mother and sister walked into the room. My mother said, "Look at big whale laying there." I broke into my best rendition of whale song. A nurse broke into the room and asked, "What is going on here." She thought I was in pain. I was laughing so hard I could not explain. She finally got it. The brain has no nerves that feel. The scalp bleeds copiously when it cut. I have seen this on accidents when no seatbelt was worn and the head is thrown into the windshield. He looked like something out of a horror show. His partner was breathing not visible mark but died on the way to the hospital. A man in San Jose had been broadsided by a car at an intersection. His car was idling and moving bumping into cars waiting. I chased him on foot and reached in and switched off his keys. Both insurance companies called us and wanted to know what we saw. It is as if we were the closest thing to witnesses they had apparently. He was killed by a side impact to the head. We used to live on a mountain highway by two bad corners. Someone was killed there every year. People would drive there drunk. You could go around a blind corner only to be met by a pickup on the wrong side of the road. Usually a guy with a cowbow hat. We called them cowboys as they would swerve back into their lane. We were lucky. Not everybody was lucky.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Ivy wrote:
Wow!! Thank you.
So I think I must have found the board in about 2003....15 years.
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

Are you sure? PC's were still in their infancy at that time. I am not sure modem's were commercially available for home use at that time.
agricola

Post by agricola »

We had a dial up modem by 1992 and they weren't that new.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote:We had a dial up modem by 1992 and they weren't that new.
When I got my first computer and started exploring the internet we had dial-up.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Seems like when I first joined was around the time the church of christ preacher was killed by his wife. I can't remember their names. There was lots of conversation
around that situation.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Petros isn't sure.