A question for Teresa....

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: A question for Teresa....

Post by Ivy »

teresa wrote:Petros isn't sure.
That's ok...thanks for checking.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Mary Winkler was in 2006. I think the board had crashed and been restarted by then.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

teresa wrote:Mary Winkler was in 2006. I think the board had crashed and been restarted by then.
Yes...I am sure the board had been up and running for some years by then.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Teresa....while those board crashes have been frustrating, they have also been a chance to start afresh. Probably a very good thing!! :)
ena

Post by ena »

Ivy wrote:
teresa wrote:Mary Winkler was in 2006. I think the board had crashed and been restarted by then.
Yes...I am sure the board had been up and running for some years by then.
Yes, It was I loved the choice comments. Till death do us part took on a whole new meaning. A legal divorce in the CoC world. :lol: I do not blame her. Had she shot a shotgun before? The blast that follows would have scared her. Pulling a trigger is nothing compared to the response. My maternal Grand Pa had an old Sear's model with double barrels and knurled hammers. It looked like something from 1900. The firing pins were conical and stuck by the hammers which hit the primer on the end of the shell. It was fun to shoot. He said it had a double latch for gun cotton. I have never seen a shell like that. Besides a twelve gauge kicks. I have a street howitzer which is a twelve guage pump with a fold away stock and pistol grip. I have fired it from the hip and tore a large target in half. The rest of it looked like a doilie. I was using bird shot because I am cheap. You didn't need to sight to use it effectively. It was a pump so as the barrel flew up you could cock it with the nest shell. I do not like the 44 magnum for that reason. It is over kill as a pistol. I prefer a 357 magnum snubby. My son had one. It was accurate and a pistol. You don't leave brass all over the range with a pistol. You can unload it into a bag. Brass is used for reloading. This is a cheaper way to plink at targets. With clip fed you end up sweeping the range for your shells.
mnala

Post by mnala »

I am so disappointed in the lack of historical record keeping.

The original board was 2004 or 2005. Mary Winkler shot her husband in 2006. The trial started in April 2007.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

mnala wrote:I am so disappointed in the lack of historical record keeping.

The original board was 2004 or 2005. Mary Winkler shot her husband in 2006. The trial started in April 2007.
O.M.G.!!!!! MNALA!!!! I am going to faint!!!

He hath returned to find our lamps untrimmed. :oops:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Well, Mnala, that is helpful. So I think I joined the board in about 2006, when the Winkler situation was going on.
agricola

Post by agricola »

I found, and joined, the board shortly after the Winkler trial began.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Mnala, it is great to see you here. Hope all is well with you.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages