Pray for the Longhorns

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Cootie Brown

Pray for the Longhorns

Post by Cootie Brown »

I watched the Oklahoma West Virginia game and I think the Texas Oklahoma game could be a bloodbath. I don't know how Texas beat Oklahoma the first time, and they almost didn't.

Oklahoma's offense is awesome. I don't think Texas can stop them defensively and I sure don't think they'll outscore them. It could be a long day for the Longhorns.

I'd love to see Alabama and Oklahoma go at it, but I think the Tides defense would hold the Sooners offense in check. It looks like it could be Alabama and Clemson again this year. If so, l'll go with Bama in another close game.
Ivy

Re: Pray for the Longhorns

Post by Ivy »

Can I burn sage for them? :)

I have two degrees from UT, yet I don't think I ever made it to a football game there....or any sport event that I recall.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy wrote:Can I burn sage for them? :)

I have two degrees from UT, yet I don't think I ever made it to a football game there....or any sport event that I recall.
Heretic! I'm a Purdue Boilermaker fan and through the years they have given me precious little to cheer about, until they destroyed Ohio State this year.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Heretic!
I know!! :( Don't hate me, Cootie.

Actually I did go to a basketball tournament there when my son was playing high school basketball. But never a UT game. (I may be wrong about that; if so, Moogy will let me know since
she was likely there with me. :lol: )
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Ivy wrote:
Heretic!

Actually I did go to a basketball tournament there when my son was playing high school basketball. But never a UT game. (I may be wrong about that; if so, Moogy will let me know since
Your punishment is hereby declared to be that you must wear a TCU jersey every day for 1 year. And sing the Horn Frog fight song every Sarurday at 1 PM during football season. And no chocolate chip cookies for 3 months. :roll:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cootie Brown wrote:
Ivy wrote:
Heretic!

Your punishment is hereby declared to be that you must wear a TCU jersey every day for 1 year. And sing the Horn Frog fight song every Sarurday at 1 PM during football season. And no chocolate chip cookies for 3 months. :roll:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :(
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Cootie Brown wrote:

Heretic! I'm a Purdue Boilermaker fan and through the years they have given me precious little to cheer about, until they destroyed Ohio State this year.
My dad went to UT (twice, second time on the GI bill... didn't ever finish). But he was a pseudo Purdue fan because in real life he was a boilermaker at an oil refinery.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Lerk wrote:
Cootie Brown wrote:

My dad went to UT (twice, second time on the GI bill... didn't ever finish). But he was a pseudo Purdue fan because in real life he was a boilermaker at an oil refinery.

That should qualify him as an honorary Purdue Alumni. Boiler UP! :lol:
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Good game, but It seems God is a Sooner fan. :|
tarheel

Post by tarheel »

Cootie Brown wrote:Good game, but It seems God is a Sooner fan. :|
HaH! I actually saw some FB posts claiming that God wanted Alabama to win the SEC title game. And they were serious. Said they had prayed for it and they won because God wanted it to be so. There is no arguing with people like that. :roll: