Survey: Have you ever washed communion cups?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".

Have you ever washed those tiny communion cups?

Yes, we had a place at the building to wash them.
32%
Yes, I took them home to wash them.
23%
No, my congregation used disposable cups.
23%
No, my church was one-cup, so we only had to wash one.
9%
No, I never was the person responsible for communion set-up and clean-up.
14%

Total votes: 22

Ivy

Re: Survey: Have you ever washed communion cups?

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:37 pm I hope you all IMMERSED your cups when you washed them or you are looking at hell fire.
I sure did!! Hot, soapy water. At least that's the way I remember it. ;)
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

How was it scriptural to have a fridge and sink for keeping grape juice / washing communion cups? Isn't that a slippery slope? Next thing you know, the preacher will be eating a baloney sandwich inside the church building.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

"My baloney has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R, my baloney has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R. Oh, I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why, I'll say, cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A". I'll never forget that commercial, that unbelievably cute, curly haired boy sitting on the dock fishing and eating his baloney sandwich, a classic. Wonder how old he is now and where he is? Here's that old commercial, it's still great watching it:

**w.youtube.com/watch?v=xRKTXCRqRXQ
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

"Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be ee ee, cause if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love with me."