Valentine's Day date suggestions

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: Valentine's Day date suggestions

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote: Also lots of supposed leaders were not good people. Jim Bowie left louisiana to flee a murder charge. William Travis abandoned a family in South Carolina. Sam houston had an alcohol problem and hit his first wife.

They had dysfunction back then? Say it ain't so!! How'd they manage to get all these schools and places named after them? :P
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
B.H. wrote: Also lots of supposed leaders were not good people. Jim Bowie left louisiana to flee a murder charge. William Travis abandoned a family in South Carolina. Sam houston had an alcohol problem and hit his first wife.

They had dysfunction back then? Say it ain't so!! How'd they manage to get all these schools and places named after them? :P
The history books white wash a lot of stuff.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

ena wrote:
Moogy wrote:
ena wrote:Moogy your dog is holding it's head. I think it has a migraine.
My dog is the famous, good-old Texas “Yellow Dog Democrat.” (“I would vote for a yellow dog if it was running on the Democratic ticket!”) I think he is looking for an honest politician of any party, and therefore shading his eyes as he continues to squint into the Texas sun. I am sure he also has a headache! :lol:
He might be looking out for Santa Anna. Like most Democrats he is a little late for the Alamo. :lol:
Speaking of the Alamo march 6th is the day the battle took place.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
ena

Post by ena »

B.H. wrote: Speaking of the Alamo march 6th is the day the battle took place.
I am more worried about the election in November.