Valentine's Day date suggestions

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
agricola

Valentine's Day date suggestions

Post by agricola »

This is so funny I have to share.

We just got our water bill.

Included in it was a flier, suggesting an idea for a VALENTINE'S DAY DATE for your sweetheart! It's free! You have to register ahead of time because space is limited - but there will be Light Refreshments!

Are you ready?

For Valentine's Day, you can bring your sweetheart along and TOUR THE SEPTIC WATER TREATMENT PLANT!
Learn what happens when you flush!

I'm so excited. Be still my heart.

(Actually, I have ALREADY toured treatment plants - my uncle worked for the Murfreesboro water company for years and years and he gave us tours when I was a kid).
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Re: Valentine's Day date suggestions

Post by Ivy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They must be letting their civil engineers do their social planning. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I’m assuming dinner should be served before the tour? And I’m assuming no preparations for “safe sex” later in the evening will be necessary? :roll:
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Oh, how romantic.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Well, if you think about it, a civil engineer couple could well think that is a romantic Valentine's Day date. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
trabucco

Post by trabucco »

Ugh...had to film a project in a treatment facility once. It was hard to keep a straight face over the smell and noise.

The producer had friends who worked there, so that's how he got clearance on short notice for the project. It went a lot of places, but filming it was rough.
ena

Post by ena »

agricola wrote: For Valentine's Day, you can bring your sweetheart along and TOUR THE SEPTIC WATER TREATMENT PLANT!
Learn what happens when you flush!
They are quite interesting. There are different styles. God provided bacteria to clean up water. First it goes through a mechanical screen or grate. This removes the odd diaper that gets flushed down. Then the solids are separated from liquids. The solids go to the digestion tank. Looks like an oil tank but has a stack that burns methane night and day. The problem is that methane is many times more damaging than carbon dioxide that burning generates. The water is often sprinkled over gravel beds. They give the bacteria time to clean the water. By the time the water is released it is drinkable. Generally their is nothing gross as long as you don't fall in. Next is dairy cows with methane collection backpacks. The dairy industry is a major contributor to global warming. So is your Big Mac. :shock: :lol:
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

A lot of males seem to dread Valentine's Day.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

faithfyl wrote:A lot of males seem to dread Valentine's Day.
I dont. Got no wife. Got no girly friend.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

B.H. wrote:
faithfyl wrote:A lot of males seem to dread Valentine's Day.
I dont. Got no wife. Got no girly friend.
Then you don't have anything to worry about this holiday. :D