Valentine's Day date suggestions

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Re: Valentine's Day date suggestions

Post by B.H. »

faithfyl wrote:
B.H. wrote:
faithfyl wrote:A lot of males seem to dread Valentine's Day.
I dont. Got no wife. Got no girly friend.
Then you don't have anything to worry about this holiday. :D
Actually I do. I will buy valentine candy for myself and I dont need it.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

B.H. wrote: Actually I do. I will buy valentine candy for myself and I dont need it.
I don't need it either but I usually buy some anyway.

I wait 'til it goes on sale the day after Valentine's. That's the real holiday for me, the day after Valentine's.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

B.H.,
You should buy some flowers for your mom for Valentine’s Day. She might be feeling lonely that day.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Moogy wrote:B.H.,
You should buy some flowers for your mom for Valentine’s Day. She might be feeling lonely that day.
She doesn't like flowers because she has so many houseplants and flowering plants outside. I usually take her out to eat and give her a gift card.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

B.H. wrote:
Moogy wrote:B.H.,
She doesn't like flowers because she has so many houseplants and flowering plants outside. I usually take her out to eat and give her a gift card.
OK, that sounds like a good plan. Moogy approves.
Moogy
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

When I was dating, I'd notice how many guys would drift away around Valentine's Day because they didn't like it.
ena

Post by ena »

Moogy your dog is holding it's head. I think it has a migraine.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

ena wrote:Moogy your dog is holding it's head. I think it has a migraine.
My dog is the famous, good-old Texas “Yellow Dog Democrat.” (“I would vote for a yellow dog if it was running on the Democratic ticket!”) I think he is looking for an honest politician of any party, and therefore shading his eyes as he continues to squint into the Texas sun. I am sure he also has a headache! :lol:
Moogy
ena

Post by ena »

Moogy wrote:
My dog is the famous, good-old Texas “Yellow Dog Democrat.” (“I would vote for a yellow dog if it was running on the Democratic ticket!”) I think he is looking for an honest politician of any party, and therefore shading his eyes as he continues to squint into the Texas sun. I am sure he also has a headache! :lol:
He might be looking out for Santa Anna. Like most Democrats he is a little late for the Alamo. :lol:
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

ena wrote:
Moogy wrote:
He might be looking out for Santa Anna. Like most Democrats he is a little late for the Alamo. :lol:
You know Santa Anna was not the tyrant in real life he was made out to be. Sam Houston lostvevery major battle of the Texas Revolution and 'won' San Jacinto by attacking the camp of the wives a children that was trailing the army camp. It has been discovered the Texas Revolution was stirred up by Washington.The were two American armies on the Louisiana border with orders to cross the border into Texas and engage santa Anna if Houston made it to them. If you look at the revolutionaries you will see they were often involved with other revolutions in other places before coming to Texas.

Also lots of supposed leaders were not good people. Jim Howie left louisiana to flee a murder charge. William Travis abandoned a family in South Carolina. Sam houston had an alcohol problem and hit his first wife.