The Mass Shooting Epidemic...how do we stop it?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Re: The Mass Shooting Epidemic...how do we stop it?

Post by B.H. »

The thing about barring people who are judged unstable to have weapons is do you want the government to have the power to declare you sane or not?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:The thing about barring people who are judged unstable to have weapons is do you want the government to have the power to declare you sane or not?
BH, it sounds like it would be administered like the "Red Flag" laws. Family members or the police file a petition. A state court would then have to look at all evidence and make a ruling on whether or not a person's guns should be temporarily removed due to a person's dangerousness to self or others.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

How often does this happen ivy?.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:How often does this happen ivy?.
I don't know, BH. I would have to do some research. But I doubt it would be very often. You know, the mother of one of the
last two shooters called police about her son having guns, but didn't give them any actionable information.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~