Wishing you'd done things differently

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
faithfyl

Wishing you'd done things differently

Post by faithfyl »

Do you ever reflect back on your life and wish you had done or said something differently, or handled a situation in a different way? And then perhaps could have gotten a better outcome?
Ivy

Re: Wishing you'd done things differently

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:Do you ever reflect back on your life and wish you had done or said something differently, or handled a situation in a different way? And then perhaps could have gotten a better outcome?
Oh, my goodness, YES. A lot of it was when my prefrontal cortex was still developing, but certainly not all. :cry:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I have a hypnotherapy appointment tomorrow, to try and knock some of this stuff out my head. It's been interfering with my day to day life and I need to let a lot of it go.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

faithfyl wrote:Do you ever reflect back on your life and wish you had done or said something differently, or handled a situation in a different way? And then perhaps could have gotten a better outcome?
When I first read your post I said yes and thought about agreeing to a Bible study with a c of C minister. That study resulted in a 27 year association with the c of C. After thinking more about that I’ve changed my mind.I realize now my association with the c of C was a necessary experience in my journey to where I am now.

I am very happy with my present life. If it was not for the c of C I would likely never have undertaken a decade plus study and research into the origins and evolution of the Bible and the Christian faith. And if not for that I would still be living in fear and uncertainty trapped in a religious cult.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:I have a hypnotherapy appointment tomorrow, to try and knock some of this stuff out my head. It's been interfering with my day to day life and I need to let a lot of it go.
Hypnotherapy....how interesting!! I hope it helps, faithfyl.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Sean

Post by Sean »

Yes, I should have taken the blue pill. Should have never put the hose down.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Ivy wrote:
faithfyl wrote:I have a hypnotherapy appointment tomorrow, to try and knock some of this stuff out my head. It's been interfering with my day to day life and I need to let a lot of it go.
Hypnotherapy....how interesting!! I hope it helps, faithfyl.
I saw the hynotherapist this morning. He put me under hypnosis and made a CD of the session that I am supposed to listen to at night. I don't know if it's helped yet or not. He was kind of an elderly man, and kept rambling off onto different topics during our conversation. I will let you know if this works.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Everybody loves Hypnotoad