Going to Vegas in December!

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
agricola

Re: Going to Vegas in December!

Post by agricola »

h**ps://bucketlistjourney.net/las-vegas-nevada-day-trips/?utm_campaign=mkt-fy20&utm_content=102567821&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-16779503180

Good places!

PS this time I remembered to disable the link - just copy/paste into your browser.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
HamBiscuit

Post by HamBiscuit »

agricola wrote:h**ps://bucketlistjourney.net/las-vegas-nevada-day-trips/?utm_campaign=mkt-fy20&utm_content=102567821&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-16779503180

Good places!

PS this time I remembered to disable the link - just copy/paste into your browser.
Thank you so much for this!!

As far as hotels, my boyfriend and I have some pretty high standards. I'm a germaphobe and when he goes on vacation, he wants a vacation. We want to improve our credit and get rewards, so we applied for American Express. It's been working great!! We put literally everything on the AmEx's and pay it back. So basically we're spending money we already have. Rack up the points, get tons of perks, helps credit scores, and since we don't splurge or treat it as "we dont have the money for this so we'll pay it back later" it works perfectly. Basically, we don't use it as a credit card, more like a bank card.

The points we get...since we got it last year and we only pay with it and pay it to a $0 balance every month, we earned enough points (so far) for one first class round trip ticket for Japan. So....quite a bit. I recently got a $200 sweater...for $18 with points, and earned points because you get a certain amount for spending it at this or that place. Got about 1000 points, and a $200 for $18. HA!!

Anyway, I say all that because we've earned enough already for either 1 first class to Japan, or something like a week in a 5 star hotel. Idk but we'll be going for pretty cheap.
agricola

Post by agricola »

I like:
a) a quirky B&B, ideally one on the coast, with hot tubs and organic food (Lost Whale Inn, Trinidad CA for example)
or
b) a NICE hotel, with amenities

Can't always afford either!

If you have plenty of money for a hotel, there are some VERY high end spots in Las Vegas, like the Venetian or Bellagio.

Cheap rooms but LOTS to do (inside) - Circus Circus.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

HamBiscuit wrote:
agricola wrote:h**ps://bucketlistjourney.net/las-vegas-nevada-day-trips/?utm_campaign=mkt-fy20&utm_content=102567821&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-16779503180

Good places!

Thank you so much for this!!

As far as hotels, my boyfriend and I have some pretty high standards. I'm a germaphobe and when he goes on vacation, he wants a vacation. We want to improve our credit and get rewards, so we applied for American Express. It's been working great!! We put literally everything on the AmEx's and pay it back. So basically we're spending money we already have. Rack up the points, get tons of perks, helps credit scores, and since we don't splurge or treat it as "we dont have the money for this so we'll pay it back later" it works perfectly. Basically, we don't use it as a credit card, more like a bank card.

The points we get...since we got it last year and we only pay with it and pay it to a $0 balance every month, we earned enough points (so far) for one first class round trip ticket for Japan. So....quite a bit. I recently got a $200 sweater...for $18 with points, and earned points because you get a certain amount for spending it at this or that place. Got about 1000 points, and a $200 for $18. HA!!

Anyway, I say all that because we've earned enough already for either 1 first class to Japan, or something like a week in a 5 star hotel. Idk but we'll be going for pretty cheap.
Wow!! You are one smart cookie, HB!! I think I might talk to hubs about trying this.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
HamBiscuit

Post by HamBiscuit »

Ivy wrote:
Wow!! You are one smart cookie, HB!! I think I might talk to hubs about trying this.
Definitely! It's 110% worth it!! Just get two, same account, and pay for literally everything with it just like you would with a bank card.

And thank you, but I can't take credit for it (no pun intended). It was the boyfriend's idea :)
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

My favorite hotels were Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. Just walking through them there is a lot to see.