Getting Rid of a Piano

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
SolaDude

Re: Getting Rid of a Piano

Post by SolaDude »

How about calling a piano tuner or a college with a music dept?

On a sort of related matter, we had to get rid of a 55" backlit floor model TV we bought back in 2002 or 2003 for around $2,200 at the time. We placed it in our basement years ago when we found a "thinner" TV. It worked fine but was of course about 2-feet in depth so no one wanted it, sort of a white elephant in the room. Should have tried to get rid of it sooner, I guess. So we just had to have it hauled off, hated doing that. We had even tried leaving it out on the street with a "free" sign on it, no takers. Technology has brought us huge, cheap, "smart" TVs nowadays that can be hung on a wall like a picture and that's what people and institutions want.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

I joined Freecycle several years back but was super offended at the numbers of people demanding that I deliver things to them. I'm giving it away for free, why can't they come get it. Turns out they didn't want it that bad to begin with.

And when I'd leave things on my porch they would not pick them up. I finally just decided to box up my things and take them to the Salvation Army.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I joined Freecycle several years back but was super offended at the numbers of people demanding that I deliver things to them.
Wow. Such entitlement.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Give your piano to Donald Trump. He can hide behind it in his bunker. Ba ding
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

B.H. wrote:Give your piano to Donald Trump. He can hide behind it in his bunker. Ba ding
Or create a new genre of music, "bunker music".....
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I have given up on getting rid of the piano.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree wrote:I have given up on getting rid of the piano.
That's sad. I bet some worthy soul will want it some day and be willing to pick it up.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

If you live in texas, let me know. Or anywhere near the Dallas area.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

faithandmore wrote:
No, I am not near Texas. I live in North Mississippi, just over the line from Memphis, TN.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

FinallyFree wrote:
faithandmore wrote:
No, I am not near Texas. I live in North Mississippi, just over the line from Memphis, TN.
OK.

I find its sad that nobody is willing to transport it. It cost around $50 a day to rent a truck? I know a lot of people would love to have that piano. If you advertised it enough, somebody would take it eventually.

Somebody asked us to store a pool table for them years ago in our garage, because they were moving. The pool table is still in our garage and taking up lots of space. At some point, we'll just have to rent a truck and take it to them. I think they're too cheap to pay for the truck rental, so it will be on us to do that. But we can't store the pool table indefinitely.