Googling People You Dated

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
FinallyFree

Googling People You Dated

Post by FinallyFree »

A couple days ago, I googled someone I dated in college and saw that he died in 2014! I was shocked and thoughts of him have run through my mind. The obituary didn’t give much info at all. I know it was him because the birthdate was the same.
See, faithfyl, you aren’t the only one who does this!
Ivy

Re: Googling People You Dated

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree wrote:A couple days ago, I googled someone I dated in college and saw that he died in 2014! I was shocked and thoughts of him have run through my mind. The obituary didn’t give much info at all. I know it was him because the birthdate was the same.
Wow. How did you feel about that?

I think many people have Googled someone from the past to see what they were doing. Not Sister Ivy, of course.
:lol: :P She only Googles herself to be sure she is not being defamed.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Ivy wrote:
FinallyFree wrote:A couple days ago, I googled someone I dated in college and saw that he died in 2014! I was shocked and thoughts of him have run through my mind. The obituary didn’t give much info at all. I know it was him because the birthdate was the same.

I think many people have Googled someone from the past to see what they were doing. Not Sister Ivy, of course.
Ivy, it made me sad to think he has been dead for over five years and I had no idea. (He died at 52.) It just brought back a lot of memories. He left the college we attended during his freshman year, but we had a long distance relationship and saw each other from time to time. I even flew to visit him one Summer and stayed a week at his house. But at about the time I met my future husband, he cut off contact with me, which was for the best. I am much more suited for the man I ended up marrying.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:

Ivyrose, in my eyes you are the nicest sweetest person I know. Only an [derogatory term] would defame you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
Ivy wrote:

Ivyrose, in my eyes you are the nicest sweetest person I know. Only an a**hole would defame you.
Thank you, BH. :P :P :P
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

B.H., you are a kind and funny man.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

FinallyFree wrote:B.H., you are a kind and funny man.

Well thank you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

FinallyFree wrote:Ivy, it made me sad to think he has been dead for over five years and I had no idea. (He died at 52.) It just brought back a lot of memories. He left the college we attended during his freshman year, but we had a long distance relationship and saw each other from time to time. I even flew to visit him one Summer and stayed a week at his house. But at about the time I met my future husband, he cut off contact with me, which was for the best. I am much more suited for the man I ended up marrying.
It is sad, even when we haven't had anything to do with them for years. My high school boyfriend died a couple of years ago and it made me sad. He left a wife and several kids. He had also been in prison off and on...sad, but glad I dodged that bullet and got away at a young age. That's a whole 'nother story, and as my mama said, I'm gonna let the dead rest.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

Ivy wrote:
FinallyFree wrote:Ivy, it made me sad to think he has been dead for over five years and I had no idea. (He died at 52.) It just brought back a lot of memories. He left the college we attended during his freshman year, but we had a long distance relationship and saw each other from time to time. I even flew to visit him one Summer and stayed a week at his house. But at about the time I met my future husband, he cut off contact with me, which was for the best. I am much more suited for the man I ended up marrying.
It is sad, even when we haven't had anything to do with them for years. My high school boyfriend died a couple of years ago and it made me sad. He left a wife and several kids. He had also been in prison off and on...sad, but glad I dodged that bullet and got away at a young age. That's a whole 'nother story, and as my mama said, I'm gonna let the dead rest.
I dated a man for 2 years, before I met my now-husband. I learned recently that he went to federal prison for eleven years for ponzi scheme. I wasn't that surprised. I was still sad to learn he was sent to prison, though.
Pantone505

Post by Pantone505 »

I had a few dates with a dude who was pretty interesting, but had a rather argumentative side.

It got him killed.

We'd lost touch (no big animosity or anything but I went on to date others) He was taking care of a disabled sister and had her in his car one day when he went halfway down his block the wrong way on a one-way street one morning. He always did this, as his house was on a one-way street but he liked to go the wrong way in order to take a short cut into his own driveway.

That morning an off-duty security guard who lived on his same block was fed up. The off-duty security guard was on his way to work and attempted to make a citizen's arrest. My friend argued back with him in typical East-Coaster fashion (not that anything's wrong with that) even though we live in the Midwest (friend was originally from the East Coast, where I think argument like this is more often considered just everyday banter) Well, the off-duty security guard up and shot him right through the heart.

The off-duty security guard did time for it.