Praying for Trump?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: Praying for Trump?

Post by Ivy »

tarheel wrote:I'll have to disagree with you regarding Pelosi on this one, Cootie. I think she is sincere. Her anger when challenged on the subject was sincere. She left me with the impression she is a sincere catholic.
I don't think any of us can stand in judgment of her. We all have our own way of practicing our spirituality.

Since starting this thread, I have to admit I have not been praying for Trump. Maybe I did once or so...just sent some healing thoughts out into the universe. It was just something I was thinking about at that time. But it did generate an interesting discussion.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

I did not vote for him. But if he fails at his job, we all go down with him.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithandmore wrote:I did not vote for him. But if he fails at his job, we all go down with him.
No...we won't go down with him; he'll take himself down along with his corrupt toadies. He just needs to go asap so we can mitigate the damage he is doing.

He is a dangerous individual who needs to be out of the White House and off the streets for the protection of the public.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

I would pray for Trump to change his attitude, his thoughts and beliefs.
ena

Post by ena »

My prayers were never answered in the CoC. Today I have gotten answers to prayers. The problem is seeing them come in. I do not pray for Trump or even pretend to. He is an evil, vile disgusting person in every way. I did pray for exposure of the dirty underbelly of this country. I am well aware of its CIA and their incompetent operations. Did you know that Noriega was a CIA asset. Did you know that the Bath party in Iraq was supported bu CiA and MI6? We have spent more money cleaning CIA messes for years. Did you know that the Islamic revolution against the Shah in 1979 was against a dictator brought in to Iran in 1953 under Eisenhower. He was brought in by Kermit Roosevelt the grand son of Teddy. Our CIA has been very busy ever since destroying democracies and installing dictatorships all over Latin America. Maduro left American aid sit on the border because he did not want the CIA back in his country. Hugo Chavez was immensely popular with his people. He believed a coup was staged against him by George Bush. And we are afraid of Russian involvement in our election? When we have voided entire elections in other countries. Do you remember Diem the president of South Vietnam. He was a CIA asset. Stupidly chosen as a Catholic in a 90% Buddist population. You had whole villages converting to Catholic to get a better deal. Best book on Vietnam was the autobiography of Carlos Hathcock a famous sniper in Vietnam later a weapons trainer in a sniper school. They snipe at distances like a half mile accurately. He was known as white feather. There was a bounty on his head. Other snipers started wearing white feathers on their hats to confuse things. His most famous shot went down the barrel of a scope into the eye of the sniper that was aiming at him. The difference was that he squeezed off the shot first. He spent about three days crawling in the muck to shoot a Vietcong commander. He got his man and crawled off nearly getting stepped on by guys looking for him. 93 confirmed kills and many that were not verified. A major asset even today. The reason Castro did not not deal with the USA is because we inserted ourselves in Guatemala in 1954. Che was there and reported to Castro. Castro threw the USA out of his country and survived to thumb his nose at America. He died of old age inspite of numerous attempts on his life. 638 ways to kill Castro is a documentary. This is your government at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8oJfTsqRE
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Our CIA has been very busy ever since destroying democracies
Are you saying that they have been deliberately destroying democracies, or that was the result of bungled interventions?
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

teresa wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:19 am
Our CIA has been very busy ever since destroying democracies
Are you saying that they have been deliberately destroying democracies, or that was the result of bungled interventions?
Our CIA has a notorious history of the deliberate destruction of democratic processes in Cental and South American countries to prevent any possibility of the Soviet Union getting a foothold in this hemisphere. Probably most notorious was the taking down of the democratic election process in Guatemala in 1954: h**ps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

Another would be the installation of the Shah of Iran: h**ps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

The real questions to ask historically with respect to American foriegn policy are: (1) what did this nation ever get right? and (2) how many permanent enemies did this nation create over time?
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Thanks Sola Dude.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

The legion of decent Americans who have been vicitimized and betrayed by Trump's evil, esp. those in his own administration, perhaps might identify more with this kind of prayer from Jeremiah:

Do give heed to me, O Lord, and listen to what my opponents are saying! Should good be repaid with evil? For they have dug a pit for me. Remember how I stood before Thee to speak good on their behalf, so as to turn away Thy wrath from them. Therefore, give their children over to famine, and deliver them up to the power of the sword; and let their wives become childless and widowed. Let their men also be smitten to death, their young men struck down by the sword in battle. May an outcry be heard from their houses, when Thou suddenly bringest raiders upon them; for they have dug a pit to capture me and hidden snares for my feet. Yet Thou, O Lord, knowest all their deadly designs against me; do not forgive their iniquity or blot out their sin from Thy sight. But may they be overthrown before Thee; deal with them in the time of Thine anger! (Jer. 18:19-23; cf. also 11:18ff.; 15:15ff.; 20:11ff.).
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I saw something the other day that really disturbed me. Someone had posted a list of scripture "affirmations" for people to say for Trump. For him to find favor, for all he's lost to be returned to him, that type of thing. A scripture reference for each one, putting Trump's name in it. Completely ignoring the fact that Trump owes restitution to Americans for all the harm he's done, all that he has stolen from us, all of the people who have died due to his inaction on the pandemic. The damage he's done to our international reputation. His lack of leadership and lack of concern for our people or our land.