Praying for Trump?

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
SolaDude

Re: Praying for Trump?

Post by SolaDude »

Yes, Ivy. I can't think of any other American leader who has so repudiated law, justice, and Constitutional integrity, abetted in this evil by his cowardly sychophants, exemplifying the exact opposite of what the OT would term "righteousness and justice". Probably the best scriptural term to describe him and his legislative worshippers IMO would be "false prophets"....or in more Trumpian language, "fake prophets".
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

I pray for leaders, no matter who they are. I don’t like Biden and think he is a racist and creep—always have since I first knew of him decades ago—but he is the President and anyone in that position needs the prayers of others.
Not always easy to pray for people we don’t like, but we should. Pray for leaders, not to them.
faithandmore

Post by faithandmore »

I'll pray that he stops raping women.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Struggler wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:51 pm I pray for leaders, no matter who they are. I don’t like Biden and think he is a racist and creep—always have since I first knew of him decades ago—but he is the President and anyone in that position needs the prayers of others.
Not always easy to pray for people we don’t like, but we should. Pray for leaders, not to them.
I see Trump as a “racist and creep”, among so many other descriptors. What a horrible, destructive, self serving person. And no, I don’t pray for him, but I do hope he is held accountable for his criminal activity and the great harm he has inflicted on the US and beyond. Lives lost, resources stolen, his followers manipulated and used. Only God knows if he is redeemable. I do like Joe and see him as a good person, doing good for the country. Thank goodness he won and Trump lost. I am grateful President Biden is at the helm and doing an excellent job.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

We are not prohibited from praying for the removal of wicked leaders nor for removing impurities from silver. I don't see Paul's appeal to pray for leaders to be the equivalent of praying for the success of the wicked or lauding/magnifying the wicked. IMO, Trump's wickedness is from birth, and even in childhood he was a little sh**, he ended up in a military academy in an attempt to discipline him. And don't count on a prayer for Trump from David:

Psalm 58 (NIV)
For the director of music. To the tune of “Do Not Destroy.” Of David. A miktam.
1 Do your rulers indeed speak justly?
Do you judge people with equity?
2 No, in your heart you devise injustice,
and your hands mete out violence on the earth.

3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
5 that will not heed the tune of the charmer,
however skillful the enchanter may be.

6 Break the teeth in their mouths, O God;
Lord, tear out the fangs of those lions!
7 Let them vanish like water that flows away;
when they draw the bow, let their arrows fall short.
8 May they be like a slug that melts away as it moves along,
like a stillborn child that never sees the sun.

9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns—
whether they be green or dry—the wicked will be swept away.
10 The righteous will be glad when they are avenged,
when they dip their feet in the blood of the wicked.
11 Then people will say,
“Surely the righteous still are rewarded;
surely there is a God who judges the earth.”

https://www.faiththeevidence.com/faith-evidence-blog-_1/what-does-the-bible-say-about-praying-for-the-removal-of-wicked-leaders
Last edited by SolaDude on Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Same can be said of the poor excuse for a man, Greg Abbott. Pray for him for what? For wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday by having families en masse with young children dumped out in the cold of the night on the eve of His birth? The prayer is to be thankful knowing that there will be a final judgment for/revenge against the wicked, and to call it down swiftly.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithandmore wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:51 pm I'll pray that he stops raping women.
I doubt he has the physical ability to rape anyone now, but I agree with you, BH.

I’d be willing to pray that he never again holds any type of public office, that his stronghold over his followers and spineless politicians would be broken, and that their eyes would be opened to see his wickedness and lies.
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

Ivy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:47 pm
Struggler wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:51 pm I pray for leaders, no matter who they are. I don’t like Biden and think he is a racist and creep—always have since I first knew of him decades ago—but he is the President and anyone in that position needs the prayers of others.
I see Trump as a “racist and creep”, among so many other descriptors. What a horrible, destructive, self serving person. And no, I don’t pray for him, but I do hope he is held accountable for his criminal activity and the great harm he has inflicted on the US and beyond. Lives lost, resources stolen, his followers manipulated and used. Only God knows if he is redeemable. I do like Joe and see him as a good person, doing good for the country. Thank goodness he won and Trump lost. I am grateful President Biden is at the helm and doing an excellent job.

I pray for Biden, although I see him as hating anyone who doesn’t share his views. I’ve followed the man’s career for a LONG time, and have never understood how anyone can see him as a moral person. I remember what he did to the Dunn family. I’d never take a knee for that lowlife or any other politician.
I’m no big fan of Trump, nor Obama, etc. They all have big egos.

I don’t worship politicians or government.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I pray for Biden, although I see him as hating anyone who doesn’t share his views. I’ve followed the man’s career for a LONG time, and have never understood how anyone can see him as a moral person.
Hating people who don't share his views? My goodness, where in the world did you get that idea? I don't see that at all with Biden.

OTOH, I can't understand at all how anyone could see Trump as a decent, "moral" person.

As for your last statement, I don't see anyone here "worshipping" politicians or government. That is an extreme, misleading statement. Government has a valid role in serving the people and keeping capitalism reined in so it isn't able to run amok. That's it.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

I've followed Biden his whole career. Never has he made hate-filled insults the core of his political life/personality. In fact, he has had respect over the decades from many Republicans, who back then were not the hate-filled savages now rampaging the halls of Congress. Now, Trump, yes, the moniker of "targeted hatred to provoke utter chaos, lawlessness, and violence of every kind" is a perfect fit for him.