You Tube song

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Moogy

You Tube song

Post by Moogy »

My husband found this today. I always hated this song, but this woman actually makes the song into a pleasant Negro Spiritual.

“The All-Seeing Eye”

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpOQlB95Po
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Re: You Tube song

Post by Ivy »

Moogy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:37 pm My husband found this today. I always hated this song, but this woman actually makes the song into a pleasant Negro Spiritual.

“The All-Seeing Eye”

h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpOQlB95Po
HAHA Phil and Moogy!! This is a great improvement over the cofc version.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Moogy, you dont care for the eyes of texas or there is an eye watching you. I get the idea you dont like eyes on you. :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:45 am Moogy, you dont care for the eyes of texas or there is an eye watching you. I get the idea you dont like eyes on you. :lol:
BH, I can't believe my and Moogy's alma mater kept that "Eyes of Texas" song. They know better than that.

Speaking of racism, when I was in high school we had at least one racist fight song: "Dixieland". Shameful. I hope they've gotten rid of it by now. My home town was renowned for its racism, as many small Texas towns have been.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Are you from Vidor?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:26 pmAre you from Vidor?
NO!! Thank goodness.
zeek

Post by zeek »

The "All Seeing Eye" is rooted in Free Masonry. The open eye is one of their more prominent symbols, behind the crossed compass and square which are the best known of their images.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

zeek wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:20 am The "All Seeing Eye" is rooted in Free Masonry. The open eye is one of their more prominent symbols, behind the crossed compass and square which are the best known of their images.
Mormons use those same symbols. Joseph Smith was a Mason.