tea

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

tea

Post by B.H. »

Who here drinks tea and if so what kind?

I like Lipton tea unsweet
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Re: tea

Post by SolaDude »

McDonald's, unsweetened.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Not much of a tea drinker. But when I do, it's usually unsweetened, iced.

I drink coffee in the a.m., and the rest of the day I drink water.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I drink a lot of iced tea sweetened with Stevia. I have switched to decaffeinated because I was told by my Urologist that caffeine is irritating to your bladder. Sometimes I get iced green tea from Starbucks. I drink tea more than anything else. I am not a coffee drinker, but sometimes I make a cup and put hot chocolate mix and half n half in it, with whipped cream on top. I also like Starbucks Sweet Vanilla Cream Cold Brew.
zeek

Post by zeek »

I'm a red-blooded southern boy and sweet tea has aptly been declared to be "the house wine of the south". I know for a fact that I drank both sweet tea and coca cola from my bottle as a baby. (OH! the horror!) My preference these days is Lipton brewed strong and dark with plenty of sugar in it. I have also rarely been known to turn down a cup of coffee anytime it might be offered.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Various herbal teas, with no added sweeteners usually. Also Kombucha, which has green tea and black tea of unknown origin.
agricola

Post by agricola »

I'm pretty sure all the tea in our house is petrified due to extreme age. We drink coffee, apple cider (the spiced kind) and that's about it for brewed drinks. Unless you include beer. My husband will sometimes buy beer.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I sometimes buy flavored or herbal teas with good intentions of using them. Then they sit and gather dust on the shelf, and I throw them away.
My family and I were into Teavana for a while, but that was a phase I guess. I've pretty much learned not to buy things I know I won't use.

Here's a question for y'all. How long would you let loose tea or tea bags sit on the shelf, expired, before throwing them away?
agricola

Post by agricola »

uh - sadly - decades, going by experience. I will now go and throw out my stash of teabags. Thank you.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:39 pm uh - sadly - decades, going by experience. I will now go and throw out my stash of teabags. Thank you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww....you're welcome!!

I have a bag of Mu tea in my cupboard. It needs to be thrown away. Can you imagine the dust collected in those dried leaves?