Oreck vacuum review

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

Oreck vacuum review

Post by B.H. »

I bought an Oreck Elevate vacuum a couple of weeks ago and want to do a review.

It was normally $300 but I got it on sale for $250. I ordered the hypoallergenic bags and they were 6 for $39.99. The vacuum and bags arrive within 5 days of ordering them.

I've used it a couple of times and it does run much quieter than my Eureka cannister vacuum it's replacing and the dirt devil I had before that. Also, the motor is very powerful and sucks up all the dirt and stuff much better than the other two did. I noticed the other two would give off a musky smell when using them as if the motor could suck up the dirt but not catch all of it and some would run loose in the air. My Oreck does not do this. No odor whatso ever.

It's very light weight at I'd say ten pounds. It has a pick up handle to help carry it anywhere you no need to.

It's solidly built, mostly metal, with side non moving brushes whose holders also serve as a bumper. It has 5 led lights that are very bright. I can turn off my lights and sit in my chair and read fine with the vacuum on in front of me they are so bright.

The only think I would change is the cord winder/catch. They only gave me one hook so the cord can't be wound it just hangs, but it's not a big deal.

It is made in the USA if that is important to you regarding purchases.

My model was the basic model designed for home use. There are two other models that have different power levels, height adjust, and can swivel. I'm not that fancy.

Overall a very good product and worth the money in my opinion.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Re: Oreck vacuum review

Post by agricola »

Sounds like a good one. I like models with retractable cords, but those can be hard to find.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I had an Oreck for many years and liked it. I have also had a Dyson and a Shark. I really believe Shark is the best.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

I had to buy a vacuum based on weight, not on effectiveness. Upright vacuums really hurt my back. I found a very light canister vacuum, and I only need to lift the hose. My dear hubby does the heavy-duty work with an upright Dyson.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
agricola

Post by agricola »

We have a canister Filterqueen, because I am easily persuaded by charming salesmen and my husband is indulgent and lets me get what I like.

At what this cost, it is justifiably an heirloom which I should pass down to one of the kids in my will.

HOWEVER - that said, it is a very nice machine, and I like it very well, even though I hate vacuuming. It also rarely gets used because -

1_ in case you forgot already, I hate vacuuming, and
2_my monthly indulgence in an actual housecleaning service means they bring their OWN vacuum cleaner, and use that.

Oh well.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I saw the price of the Filter queen and it very well better work great. I see what you mean about being an heirloom.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Post by agricola »

We had some kind of windfall just before that, so we felt very rich. And it is a nice vacuum cleaner. I should definitely put it in the will. It costs as much or more than some of the stuff that IS in the will, after all.