I have missed being here

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
singing with drums

I have missed being here

Post by singing with drums »

Hello from a previously active member.
(Wow, that sounded Church-a-Christish!)
Somehow, when I stopped receiving notifications of new posts, and stopped using my old computer, and got sad about a few things unrelated to this forum, I didn't stop caring, but I did stop trying so hard to come back here. There was also a Facebook group that I joined, but...
Okay, I am rambling, but I am back.
God is good.
agricola

Re: I have missed being here

Post by agricola »

And it is very nice to 'see' you, too!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Yeah!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
singing with drums

To quote sweet Eeyore,
"Thanks for noticing me."
I am a friendly person who is also scarred from times when I was not private enough.
That is a big reason why I missed the balance of perceived anonymity and trust that is here.
By the way, unlike before, I instantly received notification about replies! Nice.
I'm baaaaack!
God is good.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Singing!! It's so good to "see" you!!

Hope you'll hang around.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
singing with drums

I just got home from decorating the sanctuary at my Church Home. My friend and I are the Altar Guild, so to speak, of our United Methodist Church. She is a retired nurse, wife of a mostly retired Methodist pastor. We have a lot of fun decorating according to the liturgical calendar. Today, we used lots of tall palm fronds, cut from the trees on the church campus. We also made a path of cloaks from the children's Nativity costumes. It looks great.
Wow, I love fellowshiping and worshipping where I am.
God is good.
charmschooldropout

Post by charmschooldropout »

I've been away for some time myself. Hello again to everyone.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

singing with drums wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:52 pm Hello from a previously active member.
(Wow, that sounded Church-a-Christish!)
Somehow, when I stopped receiving notifications of new posts, and stopped using my old computer, and got sad about a few things unrelated to this forum, I didn't stop caring, but I did stop trying so hard to come back here. There was also a Facebook group that I joined, but...
Okay, I am rambling, but I am back.
You never have to explain your absence here, unless you want to. We won't make you do the shame walk. So glad you made it back here!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~