New here.

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
kneedeep

Re: New here.

Post by kneedeep »

teresa wrote:kneedeep

I wrote an article about the new covenant and God's grace (see link below), which you might find helpful. It's written not to hurt the faith of those in the CoC, but rather to broaden the CoC understanding of God's mercifulness toward us. I have found that CoC people really like to learn about God's grace, because many are stressed out with fears and hidden sins. Some eventually come to understand that God is gracious to those outside the CoC as well.

BTW, I ran this article by a CoC preacher who used to post on the Discussion page, and he helped me with some good suggestions, and he liked the final revision. So there are CoC folks out there that understand God's grace and still are conservative in their views and feel no need to leave the traditional CoC.

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/SupportBoa ... f=6&t=1047
Thanks for sharing! I do agree with sentiments in this article. This has been one of my problems with CoC doctrine. I can never be certain of my salvation or God's mercy. If I slip up and die without praying for repentance, I'm eternally lost. It hasn't made this walk in Christ joyful...more like resentful. Its like who am I kidding? I can't be like Christ. Its impossible.
delilah

Re: New here.

Post by delilah »

Welcome to the board. I've found this a great place to find other people who really understand what life in the CofC is like. I've talked to "refugees" from other fundamentalist sects of Christianity, but it's really a relief to talk with people who've come through the same subculture and understand the issues unique to the CofC. I hope you find support here.