Returning old member

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Left20YearsAgo

Returning old member

Post by Left20YearsAgo »

Hello! I joined the old forum back in... 2010? I don't recall my username then, but this board helped me to process some of the emotions I had from growing up in the CoC. You are all wonderful people here!

I attended FHU in the early 90s, but left the church soon after then. It's been wonderful being free of the church's suffocating control and guilt, and I haven't regretted leaving. I don't tend to post too much, but I have a few topics and areas that interest me. Glad to be back.
agricola

Re: Returning old member

Post by agricola »

Welcome (back)!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Glad to have you back! :D
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Hello, and welcome back to the dark side. :)
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

You are lucky you got out at a young age. I didn't leave til I was 54. Welcome back!
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Welcome back. I left the c of c in 2005 after being part of it for 27 years. I originally found this site in 2005 & hung around here until just before it crashed.

I wasn't aware it still existed until a few months ago when I accidentally stumbled acrossed it. I'm no longer a believer but I still find some of the discussions taking place here interesting & informative.